1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tiered Pricing - What's Your System

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmlcinc, Oct 14, 2012.

1. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

For those who use the tiered price system on commercial lots, what depth of snow increments do you use, and what's your percent of price increase for these increments?

Is your system the same for residential? Just trying to see how others compare to what I'm doing.

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I guess your new to this? :p Most contracts already state 2-4" 4-6", 6-8" etc... some are 1-3", 3-6" 6-9" or 10"+ then a price per inch, for anything billed per storm...

From most of my numbers and from what i've seen with other contractors, generally 20-30% more per tier... thats not saying one account cant be 15% more per tier and another with lots of challenges and time consuming constraints doesnt go from $200 for 2-4" per storm to $350 or even 400 "double" for a 6-8" storm.
  3. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

Been doing it for about seven years, but none of my accounts have required any kind of system. They pretty much just want a per push price. We don't have a lot of huge lots, more of a rural area.

But a while back I implemented a system as we started doing more and for the bigger lots to cover our selves. Most of the time however, we go thru and push them again before it builds up so we do a full bill again and don't often use the increment system. Thanks for the input!
  4. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

I do 1-2.9 3-6.9 7-11.9 and 12+ for commercials. Residentials are 1-6.9 7-11.9 12+. The 12+ tier I just changed to the lowest tier plus my hourly rate. Just in case a blizzard or something fun comes along, I dont lose money.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just give them a seasonal price.
  6. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Tried that, no one wants a seasonal after last season. Dont know of anyone in this area that offers them. I tried for a few accounts and no one liked that idea...
  7. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Everyone out here (NorthEast) thinks we're going to get hammered. El Nino and all. I have all seasonal's. I'd actually like a couple per push or per inch lots; Just might clean house.
  8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

More wide open lots where the depth is going to really add time I do smaller increments. 1-3 3-6 6-9 9+ smaller lots flat price or 1-4 4-8 8+. But for a lot of commercial places it shouldn't really get that deep that often.

I've had a couple customers tell me we are going to get a lot of snow this year...no.idea where they're hearing it from though