1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ticking noise in my 6.0L 2001 chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ksland, Mar 3, 2003.

1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Well after a few service appointments they have offered me this extended warranty. I guess its not that bad. Here is the letter:

Chevrolet is pleased to provide service coverage for the engine on your 2001 Chevrolet Silverado, Vehicle Identification Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX. This service coverage will commence upon the expiration of the applicable New Vehicle Limited Warranty and will continue until April 21, 2007, or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Chevrolet will make repairs to correct defects related to materials or workmanship occurring during the coverage period specified above. The following items are covered:

Engine - Cylinder block, heads, crankshaft and bearings, crankshaft seals - front and rear, camshaft and bearings, connecting rods and pistons, valve train (including valve seals, valve covers and internal parts), timing gears, chain/belt and cover, oil pump, oil pump housing, oil pan, all engine seals and gaskets, all lubricated internal engine parts, water pump, intake and exhaust manifolds, flywheel, harmonic balancer, and engine mounts.

Chevrolet will not be responsible for conditions arising from tampering, abuse, or improper maintenance. This coverage is transferable to subsequent owners; however, it is not transferable to any other vehicle. Please keep this letter with your Silverado. Should your vehicle require repairs within the coverage period, present this letter to the Service Manager of an authorized Chevrolet Dealership.
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Good deal,,,,,now if i would have recieved that deal i wouldn't be driving an ugly truck right now.
  3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Now i said i was SORRY!cut me some slack here:D It's not that bad:rolleyes:, what i meant to say is it could be worse:rolleyes: ,what am i saying?no it couldn't!I'm just kiddin,give it time,it will grow on ya,I hope:D
  4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Do a bit of search on this topic. This has been discussed before. To make this story short, the ticking sounds in 6.0L gas engine is normal and does not indicate any problem.
  5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

The dealer I work for said that this noise is normal, there is no evidence that this will cause future problems. But on the safe side I called Chevy and got that 100K warranty for the engine too. Why not, it's free and could help if future problems arose...no need to argue with your service dept. if something did happen and you didn't have the warranty