1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thursday-Friday storm

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BigDave12768, Jan 20, 2007.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I guess the snow on Monday and Tuesday is a bust. But they are saying a good size storm at the end of the week. I hate these forecasters. They tease you the S word then babble on about the wind and how much snow the mountains got... WHO CARES!!!! Hell I could tell you at 1pm that its going to be windy and cold tonight.

2. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

I hear ya, at least we finally have the cold air in place. It looks like it is going to stay cold for a while so hopefully we will get a good one soon. I am ready for a good long storm. Getting sick off PB & J sandwiches

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

They are already saying in CT it could be a noreaster at the end of the week. Hell they can't predict what it will do 12 hours ahead. 99% of the news is an entire waste these days. They tell you about an accident or a house fire. Like who cares. I want to know how the weather guys can be so wrong and get on the next day with a smile on their faces. They should be forced to wear a pointed cap instead.

4. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I,m sitting here now thinking it is jan 20 and still not a plowable storm yet this season.I have been plowng 15 yrs and i don,t remember every having this dry of winter, this is sad.:cry:

5. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I have been suffering with snowblowers for 20 years to clear my huge driveway. Finally I have a plow and no snow. I am suffering as much as the guys that do this for a living. Believe me I feel your pain.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Who knows, but this last one turned out to be a bust. We got about .75" but I tossed the plow on my lawn tractor and just plowed it for fun. With small equipment it was like a good snow storm... yes, I am that bored. Maybe the end of this week...

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

itll probably rain!!!!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

98 % of our accounts got 2 salt applications 3 for some due to refreeze and parking spot clean ups, it's nice to have done something..... 2 accounts got pushed, both are a bit further east and north than most, but it was nice to hear that western drop and slid across the ground. If nothing else our operators for the pushers, both new to push boxes were able to get the hang of them before a real snow, if we ever get one......

Do your snow dance boys.....we need something different, and please if any of you dance as badly as I do please them in private to avoid embarrassment!!!!!!!

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Believe ME, you don't feel our pain. I assume you get your paycheck payup every week irregardless of whether it snows or not, correct? There are a lot of plow guys out there that haven't seen a penny this winter from snow yet. Now that is pain.:cry: A home owner who just purchased a plow to do his own huge driveway may be anxious to plow, but many here are anxious not knowing if they will make it through the winter.

I understand what you're saying, but your "suffering" is not affecting your wallet like it is those of us that do this for a living.

10. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

I know what you mean I have to figure out how I am going to pay my Bills in Feb.:cry:

11. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

all of our commercial accounts got pushed here in central mass...we had probably and inch or so of snow mixed with ice, we pushed them all and then sanded them down. The customers really appreciated it.

12. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I don't do this for a living because all my friends in the area have it all wrapped up around here. I hear it from them every weekend when they come to my house to drown their sorrows. One guy started going to school so he can work in a funeral home because he said they will always be busy. I know he's right about that.

13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I was watching ch30 weather this morning, and he said "we're watching a storm thats gonna be developing in the ocean and it could hit us or go out to sea" then he said "its still 5 days out and i garantee our prediction will change at least 5 times before Thurs." haha at least hes admitting they have no clue.

14. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

That way if we get hit with the storm he can say we told you this was coming a week ago. If we get nothing they can say we told you it might go out to sea and it did. I can't stand that Geoff Fox on channel 8. He has to be the worst. When we get something he didn't predict he always says a bunch of things have to all happen at the same exact time for this to have happened and it's one of those strange things that can't be predicted. That guy has more excuses for himself than anything I've ever seen.

15. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You guys and the weathermen. All they do is interpret computer models, and guess based on history. It is like you are blaming them for no snow.

Geeze it is getting really old.

PS I am feerling it like evryone else, but I have lined up other jobs to keep us working. You can't depend on the snow, it is always bonus work for us

16. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Hey we gotta blame it on somebody :D

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks like Thursday is going to be a bust. They are saying just a light snow now. 1-2" tomorrow night tho! Snow showers throughout the week. You know how those snow showers can get to 2" in no time. We got a squal the other day that was about .5" in 10 minutes.

18. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I actually hate weather man. I wish I would confront one sometime and give em a piece of my mind :angry:

19. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

There seems to be a pattern here. They say snow, lots of it. Then it slowly diminishes; 3", then 1", then a dusting, then it becomes a rainstorm by the time the storm hits. It's just a viscous cycle.

20. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah well they are talking 1-2 tonight MAYBE and then MAYBE some snow on Thursday. But both storms are going off the coast