1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thur Night&friday Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Mar 17, 2004.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i heard there might be a snow event again for the northeast :bluebounc :yow!: purplebou

2. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

shhhhhh...Be very very quiet, we're hunting snowstorms!:redbounce

3. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I won't put the plow on til there's at least 2 inches on the paved ground. Seems if I plan ahead it s scares it away.

4. PLOWMAN45

my plow is on from last night snowfall

5. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

well take it off then. If you leave your plow on that decreases the chances for snow. I took mine off. I still have one plow on one of the trucks so maybe I'll take that one off tomorrow just to increase the odds we get this storm :)

6. hillmin

hillmin Junior Member

I really didn't think I was the only one who could alter the course of nature, but it was beginning to bother me. For the last 12 years or so every time I had been fully prepared for winter we had a mild season. When unprepared it was a disaster.
    Before this season I didn't take on a big road contract I had last year because of the nasty season it was, and the trouble I had with my equipment, and I would have bet everything I owned this season would be a mild one. So far so good.

7. BIG M

BIG M Member

OK!!! I took my plow off.
    I don't want to be part of the snow jinx.
    Hey look it's snowing already.

8. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Right now in the Philly area they're talking 4" plus over night

9. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

4-7 inches for NYC by tomorrow midday.

10. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

The storm that you guys are getting in New York and where ever, it looks like it won't be coming this way. Yesterday storm we only got like 2" that was it :realmad:

11. PLOWMAN45

i heard nyc the shore fairfield county 4-8 inches

12. FORDV10

FORDV10 Member
    from CT.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!
    IT HAS BEEN 5 WEEKS SINCE WE HAD SNOW IN HARTFORD COUNTY...NEED THE CASHpayup

13. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Well , I hope we got some more. My problem is that I also want to go to Vermont to do some snowboarding for the last time of the season. So I hope everything gets timed right and I can do both. Make some cash and spend it.:drinkup:

14. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

We may get a little more. we must have about 9" on the ground here and big piles everywhere. Its so nice to see another real storm. I am heading back out now to do a little cleanup then i will come back and take the plow off. I will probley have to put it on again tommrrow but the truck needs a rest.

15. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

my last weather alert email called for 4-8 inches by mid morning friday.

16. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Their saying 5"-8" for us here total, that would be realy nice but I'll believe it when I see it. Although it's snow pretty good out there right now. :)

17. BIG M

BIG M Member

YESSSSSSS!!!!
    There calling for 5 to 8 more inches today here in Joisey.
    It looks very promising right now.

18. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

We got NOTHING on the roads and walks!!!!!! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: A dusting everywhere else.

19. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

Well that was fun and profitable - 14" and just in time to welcome the NCAA guests- lol

Now, I think I can take the plows off !! But it's Buffalo so I'd better not

20. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

Well, we had (2) events this week. Tuesday's accumulation was 6" and today we had 7". Good thing I was out early, the March sun melts this stuff fast.... Now I'm ready for Spring....