1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Throttle vaule cable?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by drifter79, Sep 3, 2005.

1. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

I have a 01 diesel first diesel to own so still learning things. I had the trans.(auto) serviced at the dealers total flush and replace fluid about 2 months ago every now and then when I am driving with load or without seems like the throttle pedal has a flat spot when it is shifting from second to third. If I shut off over drive dosen`t seem to make a differents the trans seems fine. Could it be the throttle vaule cable assembly or is there some sensor that controls this. Hope I explained the problem clear enough Thanks for any help.

2. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

OK try again I think my problem is with the fuel transfer pump it feels like I take my foot off the throttle pedal when I haven`t motor doe`s not miss at all in a few seconds engine rev`s back up and everything works fine. I do change fuel filter and oil and oil filter regular service times thanks for any help.

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

you need to go back to your dealer because chrystler has put out a recall on some trucks for that problem.

4. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

Hey Thanks for the reply at least I know I am on the right track is the recall just on the transfer pump or is the injector pump included with that I will check and see if I can find out this weekend Thanks again......

5. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

im not sure i just sling parts for anchrage chrysler dodge but, i will ask a service adviser next time i run acrost one, that is if you havt already found out.

6. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

Thanks again for the reply I did find out that they will change transfer pump but not injector pump. I did some home work and found out that the injector pump will problaby will go out shortly because when trasfer pump is not working like it should it will not lube and cool injector pump enough. So after they change that I will change the other I will let you know if this fixes my problem. Thanks Drifter79...........

7. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

:) Well took truck to dealers had the transfer pump changed they then told me the injector pump might go out also. But I did buy the exstended warranty when I bought the truck but I did not think it would cover the injector pump they did not think so either but checked and it did. But since it was warranty work would just change transfer pump first and the injector pump if it needed to be changed well drove truck one day ran great the second day the injector pump went out took it back and they did fix it Kind of a pain in the *** but it runs just like new now.

8. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

at least its all better. and yeah some times warranty stuff is a p i t a but its just the way the chrysler tell us how we have to handle certain things. glade all is well. have a great season.