1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

throttle (injector?) takes out map sensor...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Grn Mtn, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

My truck has been shutting of lately, I took it in about a month ago and they said it was the O2 sensor, probably from the cold and light fluffy snow getting sucked into the engine tripped it. Okay, they clear the code and I continue with my life. 2 days later the truck gets smacked and we continue to get snow, so between dealing with the insurance and the plowing I was just able to get back to the dealer with the truck (about a month later).

Well it wasn't the O2 sensor it was the throttle injector or something with the word throttle in it (Sorry, I'm not a engine part all knowing guy). It had built-up carbon deposits and eventually led to the map sensor failing - $230 for Map and $90 for throttle cleaning (discounts applied):angry:

Has this ever happened to you? At 37,000 miles. It never happened with my ram 1500 (not Hemi) but I also didn't plow with it. They said that idling or bad gas can contribute to excess carbon build-up, and recommend a cleaning every 15-20k.

I wonder if they had read the code correctly in the first place would I be replacing the Map sensor :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007