1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Throttle Body service

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Jul 11, 2005.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Has anyone performed a throttle body service them selves on their truck? I have a 2000 Silverado with a 4.8l in it. The dealer told me that I need a throttle body service, can I do this myself, if so, is it fairly simple, and does anyone have or know where I can get the procedures for this?

Thanks,

Steve

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I did it. It's very easy and will take you about 10 min, at least the way I did it. What I did was get a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and a tooth brush. Remove the air intake tube on the front of the motor and the throttle body will be right there. Dip the tooth brush in the cleaner and use it to break the carbon build up off of the throttle body. Use a shop rag to clean up the carbon and reinstall the tube. Very easy and it made a differance. Also try runnin Sea Foam through your gas tank as well.

William

3. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

thanks, i'll try that. Also, where can I get sea foam?

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

You can should be able to get it at any local auto parts store. It is in a red and white container.

William