1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Throtte Body Spacers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stan, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Anyone one ever have good results with this or is it a waste of $ ?

2. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

stan, i fell for the hype and bought one, then i did a search on the subject..found it to be just that ..hype.:mad:

mine is sitting in a drawer unopened....wana buy it??;)

3. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Well they are hype to an extent...I have one on my truck and it does help, alot, but I have a 454 and it creates alot of heat. I also have a k&n airfilter, headers, stainless 3" dual exhaust, and the spacer. All of it created about 4mpg...

4. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

I was talking to a guy that put one on his saburban and right before he put it on he dyno-ed it and then put it on. After it was installed he then again dyno-ed it and found that it actaully lowered his horsepower.

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Thanks for answers, sounds like the 100 bucks is better well spent into the gas tank.

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The spacers will only have a positive affect on an engine with throttle body injection or a carburator. I noticed about 1-2mpg improvement with mine, when I drive for fuel economy....

Any small block later than 95 (Vortec CFI) will not see any type of improvement.

7. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Got Two

I have had them installed on two of our trucks, Chevy Silverado 1 T-- 454 and GMC Suburban 3/4 T--350 and never noticed any increase in mileage, never really noticed a decrease in HP but that might be true also, was a hassel to install them, so I have just let them be:cool:

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

These parts are more for modified engines, not really any good for stockers. Think of them along the same lines as putting a high-rise manifold on a carbureted engine--it only works if you have the cam and compression to make use of it. Basically, you are adding to the plenum volume and runner length with them. But gains, if any, will be tiny on a stock engine, especially something like a truck that doesn't get run like a race car.