1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Threw a short video together, spring on the farm.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Just a slideshow to music of what goes on during spring on the farm that I work at. I broke my video camera so I need to look at getting another one.

Not the song I wanted but it's all I had for the time being, probably change it later.
  2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Great video and song selection Mark. Nice equipment too. More info on the farm, is it your family's?
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The farm is owned by an older gentleman who hires another guy to manage it. There is 5-6 of us that work there total, 3 of us full-time and the others part time or just when things get busy. Have around 400 head of beef, about 2300 acres and 3 different "farms" where we have cattle. Corn, beans, wheat, and hay is what we grow.
    My parents both grew up on dairy farms but neither continued with them, both farms were sold 25ish years ago. So I have to settle for working for someone else.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  4. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

Awesome video Mark13, I have relatives around the Mazon,Verona,Morris area. Are you close to there? It does all look the same, pretty flat. Are you guys getting all the rain? Good luck this year.
  5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Nice vid Mark :drinkup:

Here I embedded it for you.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M55iNFk6780&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M55iNFk6780&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice video and Deeres!!!
  7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

so...how many times did the chevy break during filming?
  8. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

why would it break it's not a 6.0 ford?
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

We are still north of Morris by a ways. And we got all the rain, around 3" from about 10pm on thursday to around 8pm last night. I finally got power back after a little over 19hrs.
    I forgot you can embed video's on this site, thanks!
    Neither the Chevy or the Ford had any trouble durring the spring. :D

:gunsfiring: lol. It's been a good truck so far, getting hit by lightning helped it I think.
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice equipment and pics. You gotta love green paint. I love the pic of the Deere at night with the corn planter, that 2k option for the HID lights is worth every penny.
  11. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Cool pics....did you ever take photography? I like those.....
    Nice to see pics like that in our area where grown has been the story for the last how many years....
    Don't forget, come find me in the beef barn this year at the fair....would like to meet you.
    I'm sure you know some of the same people me and my wife do.....
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The 8330 on the planter doesn't have the nice lights on it. The lights off the back light up the planter fine but the ones in front arn't bright enough to see where your going at night. So we never planted much after dark, getting nicer lights for the front of it before fall. It's our cart tractor so it would be nice to be able to see while trying to keep up with the combine and semi.

I've taken one photography course about 5ish years ago when digital stuff was pretty new.
    I'll be at the fair some, have friends that have beef there so I'll be wondering around. We arn't showing this year but my boss has showed in the past so maybe he will want to try it again next year.
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

15. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

I did some snooping on your youtube and watched the suzuki video, thats awesome. Too bad you dont live closer or I could show you how to do some wheelies with my honda lol. tymusic

What kind of camera are you using on the helmet? Is it just a normal one duct taped or do you actually have a proper one? I want to make/get one one to watch videos in the winter and remember going fast in the summer, kind of like watching plow videos in summer lol. Nice video.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The 'zuki is quite a bit of fun. It needs better shocks though. I'm debating weather to dump $1200 into it for tripple rate fronts and my stock rear modded into a dual rate. Or get rid of the atv and get a mx built yfz for a little more money.

The camera on my helmet is a Vio Pov 1.http://www.vio-pov.com/products/pov_1.php
    I've messed with it some on the atv and snowmobiles and made a plowing video with it also. I need to make some more mounts for it to put on the farm equipment.
  17. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

Sweet vid, not a big fan of the music, but am a fan of the green equipment.