1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Three to six feet

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Inverted99, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

Here are some pictures from a two day storm that rolled in on Christmas eve and lasted until early this morning. Three feet of fresh that was blown by 40mph winds and drifted to 4-6+ feet, we will be dealing with this one for a while. Enjoy...Jeff

Notice the large SMI Thrower ahead of me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My front yard at the beginning of the storm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  2. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

WOW Where is Cedar Mt?

3. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

The mountains of Southwest Utah, elevation 8000-11,000 feet. The snowmobiling is good right now, wish I was out doing that instead getting roads open. Take care...Jeff

Here is what I would rather be doing, a picture from last year in front of my house.
    [​IMG]

4. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

that is awesome what a beautiful place to live Enjoyussmileyflag

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like some dang good powder riding right now.

And it looks like a V Xt would be nice.

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Holy wow thats a ton of snow.

7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

How does the SMI thrower know where he is going? Or is he just making a new road as he goes? :D

8. alaska blue ox

alaska blue ox Junior Member
    from Alaska

they must use gps locators to find the road, though mine shows your position about 50' off of actual!!

9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Well, I think that's pretty wild...wish I had a chance to experience an event like that in the sticks...you guys are all good and tough in my book.

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Thats alot of snow!!!

11. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

Just got home from moving more snow and had an EMS call thrown in for good measure.

I feel very fortunate to be able to live here and never take it for granted, we also enjoy it to the fullest when not working.

Some of my guys have V's on the front of their pick-ups and they work great, I wish the one on the front of my truck was a V.

Yes sir! Shaping up to be a good winter.

LOL. He is a local boy who has been here longer than me and just knows the area. None of the roads are marked so that type of knowledge is invaluable.

Some of our sub contractors that come up from the closet town, which is 30 miles away end up off course and it is usually off the side, or in a hole.

Thanks! I will pass that along to the guys who bust their, you know what.

Hopefully we will have the roads widened in time for the next one.

Here are a few more pictures taken today. Just about everything is punched open and now the widening begins and the clearing of the Fire Hydrants. Thanks for all the replies...Jeff

Well I had some more images but I guess I have too many posted, still learning this board.

12. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

Well, now I can post them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. roadking88

roadking88 Member

man that's a ton of snow... we got rain here last night in Maine and it's gonna be 50 here today

14. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Nice pictures, keep em coming!!! :D

15. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

When i was in the military i was at Hill AFB in Ogden for 2 yrs. I did alot of whats in that pic. Plus the skiing is great. Its really beautiful there in Utah. Nice pics...

16. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

awesome pics and yes you def. need a v!!!!

nice sled pic.. what brand?/what length/CC's/Package??
    i wish we had mountains and pow like that to play with in ny:cry:

17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW we think we have a ton of snow when we get 10"

18. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Wow. I'd be scared to step outside with that much snow... unless I was on a sled! That's nuts. Good for you guys for keeping things under control!

19. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice pics. somedays i've wished we had a truck at the hall with a plow on it. must be a nightmare getting to some of your calls with that much at once

20. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Need some pics of that place this summer