1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Three-Stage Snow Blowers

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Mr.SnowMan, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Mr.SnowMan

Mr.SnowMan Junior Member
    from USA

Hey guys,

I recently came across three-stage snow blowers when searching online. These must be new this year, cause I have not heard of them before this. Can anybody tell me the difference between these and two-stage blowers? The ones I saw looked to be about the same price as two-stages, so I'm curious if there really is much of a difference.

2. SnowBlowersDirect

SnowBlowersDirect Sponsor

In a three-stage snow blower, the snow is pushed to the center by two augers, then the snow is chopped up by an accelerator and fed to the discharge impeller. Two-stage snow blowers cut out the middle step, sending snow straight from the auger to the impeller. Adding this middle step allows for faster, more efficient clearing and allows the snow blower to clear heavier amounts of snow.
  3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Who makes one?
    never see one or even knew there was such a thing.
  4. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

This thread is useless without a picture or a link.
  5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013