1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

three plug to two plug

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by psdiesel24, Sep 13, 2009.

1. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

Hey guys i bought a 99 ford that has the two plug harness and flame already on it. I recently bought a 8 foot fisher plow with the 3 plug in style. Do they make a adapter harness or can i cut plugs off the plow and rewire the plow to match the truck. Thanks again

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Flame? I guess you mean frame LOL.

If it's an older three plug, you can convert to two plug. Piece of cake.

The newer Fishers use "multiplex" technology to control the plow. You cannot convert those.

3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Hey 2COR517
    I have a 2004 MM 2 can I convert that to a 2 plug.Or is it to new Thanks

4. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

You can replace the lighting and control harnesses on the plow with Fisher harness 8246. This will combine both functions into the one harness, like the original SEHP minute-mounts were. Roughly $120 new, IIRC.

5. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

OK Thanks for the info

6. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

ya i think the plow is 03 model so ill look up that part number thanks guys.