1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thread deleted

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Dec 10, 2000.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Well a thread was deleted, however It doesn't supprise me.

Only aren't we all just trying to accomplish the same thing?

Don't we all just want to earn a income to take care of our families?

Aren't our families more important then who's company is better and who uses the best edges, salt, plows, or trucks?

After all guys its the X-Mas time.

2. MJ

MJ Senior Member

I just went to reply to SnoMan and got "kicked out". Was that the deleted thread? I was wondering if he was for real or were we all the victims of a hoax?

3. mowing king

mowing king Junior Member

you are so right, happy holidays. I am just glad to have you guys to share with.
  4. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Constructive critsism can sometimes be hard,but usually is recognizeable by the fact there is some form of logical argument from the opposite side.Malice is just boring and takes such little effort from a small mind that it serves absolutely no purpose.So i am glad to see the post go because it served no purpose.Chuck's validity as a contributor to this forum comes through the information he has presented over time here,not through the rest of us trying to convince a nonparticipent through our experiences of his knowlage and value.Some how the quote at the end of my post seems appropriate,at least I recognized it as crap.

Chuck I hope you are enjoying all these little golf claps.
  5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry guys. I think my last post to that topic got a little heated. I apologise, I just got a little wound up hearing a certain someone ripping on Chuck's work. After all, he is the man that brought us this site, and a lot of GOOD information.

Chuck... Thanks!

Everyone else... Sorry. Won't let it happen again.

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Tim it was the swear word that was the straw that broke the camels back,it wasnt said by you.I got a little ticked too,but no harm done.I am surprised it didnt get axed sooner since we all knew where it was going.
  7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I must've missed that post. I had to go out and do some shopping.
  8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Hey the good news in all this, was that I wasnt the one who deleted it.I was actually enjoying the comradarie of all the regulars, sticking up for a valued member.
  9. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

It would have be one very large thread had it been allowed to continue.

It's one of the few times that I wholeheartedly agreed with pulling a thread. It served no purpose, however, I strongly believe that Dino is correct in that the rally around Chuck was good to see and deservedly so.

I believe that the thread would have eventually deteriorated to name calling and considerable emotional outbursts would have been forthcoming - all towards a topic that didn't really belong here.

Too many good things go on here to allow one party to ruin it. Whoever decided that 'enough was enough' - nice job.
  10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Aw Dino, you had your chance to be the hero and ya held back ;) ! Personal attacks are definitely not necessary, Geoff & Digger summed it all up pretty good. Lets keep the learning & sharing going good.
  11. xtremeoutdoorservices

xtremeoutdoorservices Junior Member

I agree guys I am new to this site and I have been in the business for 10 years, we all do things differently. But most importantly If we can all stick together somewhat we all learn something from someone new every day. Having friends is much more profitable then having enemy's. everyone's giving alot of great information on this site and I'm proud to be a part of it. Good luck to every this season and merry christmas. Got to go to bed were expected 10 to 12" tomarrow. $$$$$ S.E. MI
    P.S Chuck i went to your site, And I've got to say, no matter how you do things, You're one of the very few spending god knows how many hours online tring to help people get information on our business. Thanks.
  12. jaclawn

jaclawn Member

I may not agree with everthing everyone says, BUT, if you listen carefully, you can learn something from them. It may even be "how not to do something", but you still learned.