1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on this '07 Dmax/Allison?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, May 24, 2010.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

They are sweet trucks. I'll tell ya what- I was hauling topsoil the other day, about 3+ yards at a time, and I swear that motor loved hauling the weight. Mine drives like a dream- I'm going on 4 years with it, 66k miles and no complaints

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I would get a ext cab at least just for some extra room.

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Looks like a great truck, for a so-so price. If they don't budge much on price, try to get them to spray in a bedliner or something for free.

5. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Looks to be a fair price for the truck. I agree that the LBZ duramax is the best motor. I have the LLY and it is an awesome motor too but it is known for overheating ( which can be fixed ) I wish I had the 6th gear. Would be awesome for interstate driving. I just got my dmax back in febuary and it had 80k miles and I paid 19 so maybe you can get them to come dowm some but then again it is a LBZ and everybody wants a LBZ so good luck and you will love the truck

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

The truck seems absolutely fine but it's overpriced IMHO,even from a dealer.I always see Basil's trucks in my truck magazines I get and to me his prices are always inflated.I don't know how he his to deal with,but I would do your homework first to see exactly what it's worth and then offer slightly less.You can always counter-offer up,nothing to lose.I have the same drivetrain in my 06 3500,almost 100K miles now,runs better than new.