1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Power Vee and the Power Vee Xt

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigc1301, Nov 30, 2010.

1. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Just trying to get some thoughts about these plows. I know only a couple with them and they have had issues with the A frame bending. How does it trip in vee or scoop mode? Is anyone having issues with the Boss Vee plows? Thanks in advance for your help

2. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

I bought a brand new 8'2" power v in october.....plowed 4 inches of snow one so far. On the back of the moldboard, one of the welds hardly recieved any paint at all. Already corroded and pitted. Called Boss a week ago tomorrow, told me they would have a salesman call me...Still waiting.........I didn't notice this until after two weeks.
    As far as the tripping, you don't have full trip in scoop, only partial and in vee, I'm not sure. I can tell you this....they plow like bulldozers.

Tony Rigatoni 063.JPG

3. bigw

bigw Junior Member

I believe just the side of the plow that you hit something with would trip {not sure though since i never really looked} unless you were in the straight edge mode then the entire blade would trip, I have one now for 4 years with no real problems.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you are bending an A frame then they must be beating the heck of the plow.....

5. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Wasnt me.someone I know did it. That's why I wanted to ask on here

6. shovelman

shovelman Member

to bend an a frame you have to have speed an a very rigid object ! Hit a object at about 20 mph hit so hard shot me out the other way about 30 ft ripped plow off bottom 2 hinges an with hitting that hard an fast just tweaked a frame barely a 16th of an inch Still replaced it but trust me if you bend the a frame you will have a seatbelt mark, sore ribs, an need to go to confession for all the words one shouldn't use :mechanic: These are in my opinion the best on the market any other plow would have snapped off right there as hard as i hit that day