1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the new Meyers Drive Pro

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by CJPlow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

I have a 99 wrangler and i am looking to possibly get one of these for it. i do some commercial plowing and im looking for a dependable plow that is not limited to a lift kit. I am moving away from my suburbanite that i have had nothing but problems with and is not heavy duty enough for the plowing i do. Any pros or cons would be great. Thanks

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I don't think there are to many guys with those plows yet so you might not get to much feedback.
    If I was looking to buy a new plow for a Wrangler I'd be looking for 7.5' though.

3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

i have the lotpro and love it

4. jkrak

jkrak Junior Member
    from midwest

I have a 08 wrangler with a DP on it. I am on my second blade in two seasons, they covered the first one no charge. I am working with them now to come up with a solution for me. I only use it for the smaller applications. both edges start to bend back towards the vehicle a lil bit at a time. Now they are about one to two inches off level. Its definitely not a commercial plow and Meyer should reconsider their marketing of this plow. i own three other Meyer plows and never had any problems like this. Im also getting a little sick of arguing with them to get a resolution.

5. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

got to love meyers
    :drinkup:

6. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

jkrak any idea what problem could be? i know on my suburbanite i and getting odd wear on the outside edges only, but mine is due to the lift causing a bad angle when turned. is yours lifted?

7. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

i read somewhere else that the drivepros are flimsy on the outer edges and someone had the same prob

8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I personally would be looking at a snoway plow

9. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

is the snoway built and warranted for commercial? plus they do not work right with a lift anyway.

10. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

IMHO, nothing is going to work correctly with a lift unless it's modified to keep the A-frame level.

As for the DP plow, I've never even seen one, but look at the specs, it weighs less than even the TM series and a lot less than the ST. Why Meyer advertises it as commercial is beyond me.

11. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Tom could answer the warranty questions, but the 22 series mount works on the Rubicons so I would guess it would work for your lift.

12. jkrak

jkrak Junior Member
    from midwest

No lift, 08 Wrangler unlimited. I have had nothing but bad luck. My opinion the Wrangler can handle a beefier plow. Im trying to get Meyer to come up with some alternative. Im not sure they will. Worse case I will get a new blade and have to reinforce it. Check this out http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=33130.

13. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Personally have to say we just got done with a drive pro on a 09 Dodge 1500 and they are very well built for a residential / 1/2ton and sub 1/2 ton plow.

Jerre

14. Ida-Snow

Ida-Snow Junior Member
    from Idaho

check this thread out too.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=63704

I have about a mile of gravel plus a few lots to push on our ranch.
    So far i love the DP, broke a foot off though.

This winter has already kicked our butts. I have been and will be putting this plow to the test....

:alien:

15. nostick

nostick Junior Member

I'm more than a little surprised to hear you are bending this plow. I do about 50 driveways, all typical 80-100 ft residential types, so I assume this is commercial use since I'm getting paid. Anyhow, this Drivepro thing has delivered beyond my expectations. JKRAK I'm really curious how or what type of plowing you do? Are you doing like 1 mile long gravel driveways or plowing small streets or something? There's no way I could bend this thing on a regular driveway if I wanted to. Maybe you need a real commericial plow or maybe that's all that would fit on a jeep. Seriously, how are you plowing?

16. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

jkrak..... i will take your problems into consideration. From what i see you have been beat up on the other posts about the blade bending. for my own info the type of plowing would help for me and any pics you can add would be awesome. Are they sticking to their warranty ok? that would be one of my personal concerns. I did go look at the plow today it does seem like it could hold up to some punishment the skin is a little thin but im also used to a suburbanite plow. I plow like a grandma only cause i know the jeep transmissions tend to be the weak link if not the rear axle or t-case. So im think i may not be effected to some issues. if you could let me know your plowing duties i would really appreciate it. Thanks

17. jefx

jefx Junior Member

18. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

thats where im looking to get it at. does it come with the night sabers headlamps?

19. Ida-Snow

Ida-Snow Junior Member
    from Idaho

mine did...