1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on set-ups

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jbn, Feb 18, 2010.

1. jbn

jbn Junior Member
    from ohio

I've been searching the net for a couple weeks now trying to get all the info I can, but I'm stumped. I'm looking at getting a '99ish Ranger and plow set-up.

My questions are that I've looked at the Homesteader, Suburbanite, Snoway, and Snow Dogg. I'll be plowing 1-2 driveways and 1 small parking lot (maybe 15-20 car).

I've seen a few problems with the Dogg and having down time. The driveways it wouldn't matter (mine and possibly neighbors) but the lot would be my shop and it needs to be clear for customers and can't afford the possible down time. Not to mention the 100-150 extra pounds of weight for just the plow.

So, I'm left with the others. The Homesteader and Suburbanite appear to be the same plow with the exception of red vs.yellow. I like the removable brackets on these vs. the perm. mount on the Snoway. They all have the down pressure which I like. Snoway being a $275 option and costing $800-$1000 more from prices I've found. The 4-light system is also a bonus (at more $ though).

Now, with all this I'm left wondering if the Snoway is worth the extra $ or if the Homesteader and/or Suburbanite makes more sense.

Which is more reliable and makes more sense for this job. I pretty much need some "personal" opinions and/or experience on this matter. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated on this.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

OK the Snoway is the ONLY plow with down pressure the other plows LOCK in position. not the same by a long shot.

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

If your close to your shop, just get a quad

4. jbn

jbn Junior Member
    from ohio

Ok, my mistake. Two weeks looking at different plows I'm getting this screwed up.

5. jbn

jbn Junior Member
    from ohio

I live 22 mile from my shop, so that won't do.

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

No it won't! You. Could get a snowsport but iam assuming You want hydraulics

7. jbn

jbn Junior Member
    from ohio

Correct. We also have a NON-pneumatic tire forklift that goes in the lot on a daily basis to load/unload trucks, so a cleaner plow "action" the better.