1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on plow so far

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have the EX80 on my 2500. Is an awesome plow so far!!! Stacks snow very, very high and moves pretty quick too. With the attack angle it has, scrapes down nice and clean, makes salt work after plowing much easier. Helps make the job look more professional. When it trips, kinda gets hairy though. Plow looks like it jumps up in the air from it, but doesnt slam the truck as hard as my old Meyer. Buyers could benefit greatly in some shock absorbers on there though, imo. Maybe make it an option so as not to jump the price of every plow up. Controller works great although it can be kinda finnicky about going into float position. Good thing I have the bad habit of holding down on the button even after the plow hits the ground. Lights are very bright and makes driving in areas with no street lights much, much easier. I have had no issue what so ever with the hook up issues that many people do. But then again it goes on plow dollies in my garage, not on a gravel drive outside. And the jack still looks brand new (sits in the garage) The plow shoes are doing nothing but holding down a shelf in the garage since I dont use them. So no comment on those. No rust issues or anything like that. I have hit a few things buried in the snow with the moldboard, only left a mere scratch, no dent or bends in the stainless. One complaint I do have is the side to side flexibility. I have some aprons on drives that are at an angle where I push the snow to the treelawn, and it is a pain to clean them up properly. One side stays on the ground and the other stays in the air. Takes some swearing and select positioning of the blade to clean them up good. Could use some sort of slack or something to help it conform to goofy angles in the ground. All in all I say this is a great plow and look forward to many more years of service from it!!!

(I am not employed by Buyers nor have I been paid for this. Just simply sharing my experience so far with the plow.)

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks for the review. I am in the market for another truck and this brand is first on my plow list.

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

good review I got the same plow also, I havent had any of the shock type problems you mentioned but I havent really hit anything yet. I have a few scratches in the moldboard also. there have been a few little spots where I saw rust but nothing a bit of FF cant fix. My biggest issue is the hieght, I think its just because I am so used to my meyer (I am not sure how the height of snowdogg EX's compare with other plows besides meyer) but it just feels too tall- when angled its hard to see the road with only 1 light and doesnt give much ground clearance.
    Overall I really like the quality and look of the plow, I am glad I brought a snowdogg, Oh yeah and the price:nod:

4. beckmn23

beckmn23 Junior Member

my snowdogg

I put an 8'6" on a F-350 dually. Couldn't be happeir with this set up. Drive way is 1/4 mile of gravel and drifts are no longer a problem. Shoes are working great, it doesn't look like the wife is going to have to rake too much gravel (he he) Really happy with how fast the plow moves and the control the V gives. No issues with hooking up yet as I haven't taken the plow off since November. I guess we will find out about that in April. Price and quality of plow is why I bought mine.

5. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I also haven't had a single problem with my hd75. Like everyone says good plow cheap price. I would like to purchase another one next year and put some wings on it! Although, I haven't taken the plow off I dont think it will be a big issue when the snow melts, but that must suck for those people who take the plow on and off. I have seen a lot of people having problems with the v plow and that really sucks. So far I am very happy, stick with the straight blade untill the kinks are worked out on the v.

6. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

The "kinks" are out of the v already! They have already replaced the hydraulics on mine and now it works perfect. I also don't seem to have the connect issue with mine. I have the vx85 and it plows awesome! I have not had one complaint at all so I am guessing that my clients are happy.