1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thoughts on new curtis spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cgillispn, Apr 7, 2004.

1. cgillispn

cgillispn Member

Ok, I am looking at a Curtis 1.7 yard for my 3/4 ton ford and a 2.0 or 2.5 yard for my fathers 1 ton f350 dump(is the 2.5 too big?),both stainless. These sanders are said to have hydraulic drives along with a 5hp motor. How are these sanders compared to a fisher all gas with say a 10 or 11 hp engine? Do these sanders need a pto or does the 5HP motor run all the hydraulics,etc.? any input on these curtis sanders would be appreciated.

thanks,
    craig

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I will be getting a spreader in october/november, as much as i don't really want one, i have to get it because i plow 3 small parking lots and two of them want to be de-iced/sanded. I am strongly considering curtis i have heard only good things about all of their products and my plow has well exceeded my expectations. I would get the smallest one they have.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

curtis products are far exceeded there reputation for proffesional snowplows spreaders equip