1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thoughts on how much to charge

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pooleo8, Oct 21, 2011.

1. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

I may have an opportunity to work for someone else. My tuck, My equipment, My insurance. What would be a reasonable wage to discuss? Guy is talking hourly. Right now, completely blind as to what the jobs would be. I do know, that it wont be anything like meijer parking lots. My truck is not big enough to handle it. Resi and small business is where I am at.

Thanks.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have him throw out the first figure to you.

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I've seen some guys here get $50/hr as a sub.

4. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

Thanks, just need a ballpark figure. I dont want to say 100 or 25!

5. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

What do you have for equipment? That should be the first question asked.

6. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

Subs get 65-80/hr depending on equipment.. The higher end is skid steer rates.

7. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

My truck. Ranger with a 6'8 sno-way. 2 yr old 2-stage blower 32" cut. Shovels Thumbs Up

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry,like truck little pay.Would be a good driveway truck .

9. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

yes I know this. Thats why I said Im not interested in plowing meijer parking lots (or the like) Resi and small business is where I am at.

10. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

I would figure probably $40 per hour for small commercial. This area the market is really soft and flooded with help. You would make better money trying to get alot of drives in a given area.