1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thoughts on f350 PS dump....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fisher II, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

I have an opportunity to purchase a 95 f350 power stroke dump with the 7.3 engine for $5500. It has 90k on it. Dump is great condition, underneath is min.rust Its a stick shift with a 9ft Fisher plow. Only down side I can see with the truck is the cab corners are rusted ,and patched. Seems the fenders are rusty as well! I'd think at this price its worth the hassle of the rust issue....thinking i'd make money with clean ups in the fall ,and plowing in winter......any thoughts on price, or rust issue?!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i got a 97 dump like your looking at. there good trucks, just make sure the oil pan is good and the front radiator support isnt rotted out. seems like a good price to me if its indecent shape.

3. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Is it the green one on craigslist?
    I called on it but no response.

4. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

....this one is white. In MA.

5. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

I buy trucks all over the us, usually the south but I look all over. I really like '97 OSB.
    Just woundering.
    Brad

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well, the 7.3 is a great motor. Just look for the few common things that the other guys mentioned... If those are clear, than I would say it sounds like a great deal!