1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on EX90 on silverado 2500hd

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Dchambers1, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Dchambers1

Dchambers1 Junior Member

This will be my first personal plow. I been looking for a decent setup for my 2010 Silverado 2500hd With the 6.0L. Is the EX90 too heavy for this truck? Anyone have any experience with this setup? What should i look at as far as price including installation?
    thanks for any info

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Take a look at the plow selector on www.snowdoggplows.com. That'll tell what you can fit on their based on your GVWR, enginer, cab configuration, etc.

With any GM, ballast will be important. They tend to be pretty soft in the front.

3. ferio82

ferio82 Junior Member

i have a 2001 vx85 and it seems a little heavy in the front. My wings do scrape a bit when traveling.

4. Dchambers1

Dchambers1 Junior Member

I did go to the site and looks like an EX80 will be a better fit for my truck.I got a price today on an ex80 installed of 4199 plus tax that seems very reasonable.

5. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Go for the ex90 truck will be fine i've plowed a storm just past yesterday with out ballast in my 06 silverado and truck did better than i expected with new tires on and front dont sag that much ethier but its better to use ballast anyways truck will handle good my 8' plow weighs 800LBS

6. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Well, Im a rookie so im not sure how much stone my thoughts hold but I have a 2004 chev 2500hd with the ex85 plow and it seems to do just fine. When I pick up the plow it drops the front bumper (I measured) an inch and a half. I dont know, that may be a lot but the truck doesnt look to smashed. I did have an experienced plower come into gold star the other day and say it looked like I had more plow than I did truck........... Maybe that means just that.

I will say one thing though. I did my lots the other night on a 6 inch snow and it did a spectacular job I thought. Made some rookie mountains. LOL wesport