1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on atv lift kits

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by jbalzola, Dec 7, 2009.

1. jbalzola

jbalzola Junior Member

I've got a 91 kawasaki bayou 300 4x4 with a 50" moose plow, and getting everything prepped for the snow fall i took a test run getting onto my trailer with the plow on it and the plow hits first. so i adjusted and preload on the front shocks and still no help there. I've been looking at the 2" high lift system for my quad and was wondering if anyone else has used these on their machines and what kind of a difference they've seen. I'm also assuming with the additional 2" the plow will be higher as well to push snow up just a lil bit farther...let me know what you guys think
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My cousin has a 2" lift on RZR and it helps out alot on rough trails.
  3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Lifts put added stress on your axles but a two inch on your's wouldn't be a problem. I am pretty sure it has a straight axle so you will gain no clearance in the rear, just the front. It could help holding the plow a little higher to get it on the trailer. Its fully up to you, it couldn't hurt though.
  4. UTAH

UTAH Member
    from Utah

Try a hitch with less of a drop.
  5. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

my honda ha 3" of lift total, its a tad top heavy now on the trails but its a beast in the mud
  6. jbalzola

jbalzola Junior Member

thanks guys
  7. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

may sound stupid however did you try backing on
  8. jbalzola

jbalzola Junior Member

i can back up onto the trailer which is what i'm going to have to do for the time being but the plow hits the ground on the way up...not terrible but it still happens
  9. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I have a 05 Rancher with a 2" lift, not top heavy at all, the new angle on the axle shafts isnt too bad, and it looks real good with my 26" ITP Mudlites!

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

Ive got a homemade 2" lift on the front of my honda rubicon. The front suspension would drop a bit with the plow on so i made some quick brackets to lift it and it workd out pretty good. Plus it was free payup
  11. jbalzola

jbalzola Junior Member

what did you use to fab up the brackets, because that's really my biggest problem is how far the front end dips on me.
  12. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

I added coil spring wedges to stiffen the front end. My front end doesn't dive as much when i lift the blade and gives me blade ramp/ground clearance. There is room to add an additional wedge and am thinking of doing that also as it still dives some. Polaris sells them for $16.00 a pair. Takes about 20 min to install both if you've never done it before. Lubricate the wedges with a little dish soap and they go in much easier. Allows you to spin the wedge on the spring as you work it in. Moose also sells them but for about $40.00.

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

I just used some square steel tubing and a some 1/8in plate i had laying around
  14. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

would a 2 inch lift kit be bad in anyway for the front?
  15. jbalzola

jbalzola Junior Member

i've been looking around at different forums and doing a good bit of research online and a 2 inch lift isn't terrible for your quad. and the one for mine is only $102 and change....and to lift the rear they recommend an axle flip...i don't know how i feel about that yet but we'll see.