1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a polaris Ranger with a boss plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Drewster2012, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Drewster2012

Drewster2012 Senior Member
    from Ma

i am going to be looking at buying a new ranger 900xp with a boss plow. dont know if the v plow or straight, just doing 3 driveways considering i have school and is only 14.. thanks for your thought!. btw i am new here so yeah

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

ask yourself if you really need a ranger
    you may want to opt for a quad for 3 driveways and you can use it around the house all year long and go riding places unless you have a large farm and plenty of money because they are not cheap an atv is much more versatile

3. Drewster2012

from Ma

i have a sport atv and also run a landscaping business and maintain about 15 lawns in my neighborhood so i think a ranger to haul it and plow would be nice

4. ScubaSteve728

a ranger to haul the landscape trailer?

5. Drewster2012

from Ma

yes i can haul 200 pounds

6. ScubaSteve728

like you put the mower in the back or on a trailer i am confused
    ride on or push? or both

7. Drewster2012

from Ma

put my tailer on it and all of my equipment in the trailer

8. ScubaSteve728

sounds like a good idea for me and you could always pick up more driveways easily once they see you with that. sounds like a good idea to me if you got the cash

9. Drewster2012

from Ma

it can hual 2000 pounds enought to hual my exmark metro and tons of other stuff... 900xp with cab is about 310 a month

10. ScubaSteve728

the kawasaki mules are much cheaper if you have a dealer around
    they are work horses and very reliable i love my kawasaki

11. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

if you got the cash then by the ranger. it i was you i would spend $5000 on a atv with plow and wait till you get your license then buy a truck and plow

12. ScubaSteve728

that's exactly what i did

13. Drewster2012

from Ma

true but i can afford 315$ a month..

14. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

but you can afford a ranger?

15. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

16. Drewster2012

from Ma

17. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

It sounds like you really want the ranger!!! And it also sounds like your willing to work for it. I work very hard and if I want something I go get it. As long as you have a plan for this machine and can afford it I can tell you that it is a great setup for snow. If you are spending this kind of money I wouldn't even consider the straight blade. My ranger was 2 years old when I bought it and after I set it up the way I wanted I had 18K in it. It is a work horse. I use the winter months to pay for it and I have the rest of the year to do as I please with it. Usually just head back to the neighbors pond with my daughter and reel in some bass! Anyway it a great machine. I'll post a link with some pics of mine. It's a 2010 Ranger XP 800. Full hard cab with plumbed in heat. Boss vxt. Dual battery upgrade. upgraded front springs.

http://s1084.beta.photobucket.com/user/hardwoodcd/library/polaris ranger

18. Drewster2012

from Ma

Thanks for responding! For a 900 ranger it would be 318 a month to fimce with a cab plus the plow. But would the 800 have enough power for wet snow?? I'd love to see the inside/a video of yours sometime, thanks

19. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I don't have any more pics or videos of it right now and it is kept on site where we push with it. We used it all last season with only one good storm. The guys running it have always used atv's in the past and they just love it! Probably just the cab and heat! Just kidding, like I said before its a workhorse. Do they still offer the 800 since the 900 came out? or are you just considering a used one? If I can offer one more piece of advice, since I bought a used model I didn't get power steering. I think with a vxt hanging off the front this would be a nice option. On the other hand I never use it to plow and the guys just love it.

20. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Save your money.

Find an old rider mower with a blade. Use the rider to pull your trailer around and maybe even use it to mow a few of the lawns.

Just stock pile the money you save monthly to buy a truck and trailer with cash as soon as you get your license.

For the time being, you could also get a single stage snow blower to do the work also, just use the rider and put it on your dinky trailer.

Credit and buying on credit is bad. Stay away. It will serve you much better in life to run off of cash as much as possible.

Listen to this guy and learn early.

http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

http://www.daveramsey.com/radio/home/?ictid=lmbb_radio