1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a back drag plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trucksareford42, Oct 6, 2008.

1. trucksareford42

trucksareford42 Member

I am thinking about building a rear mount plow for my 250 for some tight driveways i have. I am thinking of a spare e47 as my power unit looking for ideas of what i should do. also is it worth it, does it save time? The truck is a crew cab short bed 5.4L with a brand new boss v.
  2. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

watch some videos on backblade on the site....good luck building one there a headache but more power to you if you do...make a road trip up to michigan a buy one there worth everybite of the money and will save you more time then you would imagine
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

no , just buy one... you can find a used one for less than 2000 , in some cases as cheap as 1200 if you look around...

i love my daniels..... enough said
  4. trucksareford42

trucksareford42 Member

do they really make that big of a difference? the V makes life easyer. i figure it would make tight driveways and tight roundabouts easyer but what else do you guys use them for
  5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

lol , you name it , it has a place

drop your rear plow first let it fill up , then drop your front blade ... carry twice as much snow

backing up into blind corners or onto busy streets is eliminated....jsut back to the property line, and stay on the safe side were you can see...

no turning around,...

my Rear plow has DP

loading docks

circles, thye are a great tool to have
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  6. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Rear Plow

I have 2...One Is for sale ...but I'm In Canada ...and there both like new...Circle driveways saved me a ton of time...I would go In Drop the front and the back plow and go.

Back up to the garage door drop the front and the rear blade...put some down pressure on that rear blade,and she cleans right down to the pavement...I have The artic...very well made....loading docks...you will love It...the time that you save will pay for itself In no timewesport And I agree that backing out on streets can be real scarry...but with the rear plow your driving out

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008