1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a 99 Bobcat 873

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jul 9, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, my dad has been looking at a few different skid steers and was curious to know what you guys think about the bobcat 873? Its has been fully repainted, new tires on it, really really clean. It has 3100 hours on it also. I called the place that has it and they want 11,000 grand for it. Is this a good price? I think we are going to look at it tomorrow if I can get the day off. Anyone used a machine like this before or have one? We would like some imput on this also, please and thank you.

Ryan

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

We have a 2000 873G series, should be same machine. It is an animal, only bad part is trailering behind a pickup it doable (we do it), but is heavy & wide for a skid (about 7500 lbs + plow), so for our trailer were at the max or slighlty over 9999 lb trailer. It just fits between our wheel wells (77" wide) machine is 74 " wide. Once onsite its an awesome machine.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

What are you pulling with a 1/2 ton?

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What is he pulling it with?

A Ford of any size! LOL

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Sounds alittle high for the hours. There are a lot of good deals out there right now, just keep looking. Just to give you an idea I picked up my 873 last fall with 1011hrs OROPS but for $5100 I couldn't pass it up. Rented it to a buddy who owns an appartment complex for $2,500 for the winter.:D

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RLM
    We have a 2000 873G series, should be same machine. It is an animal, only bad part is trailering behind a pickup it doable (we do it), but is heavy & wide for a skid (about 7500 lbs + plow), so for our trailer were at the max or slighlty over 9999 lb trailer. It just fits between our wheel wells (77" wide) machine is 74 " wide. Once onsite its an awesome machine.

What are you pulling with a 1/2 ton?

No Chevy 1 tons SRW's. Power isn't an issue, neither is stopping. All that weight tend to push the truck around a bit, especially on snow covered roads (when stacking) sucks. When I say it sucks, thats comparing to trailering our 773, which is about 3000 lbs lighter, & about 10 inches narrower.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

This sounds fishy to me! $5100 for a 873 with 1011 Hrs. My 743B is worth more.

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It was a good friends neighbor who was 4 payments behind on his house. He was desperate and I still feel a little guilty but that's all he wanted. Also picked up a 9' Meyer and 6'6" Western for $500, still don't know what to do with the Western.
    To add to the OP, I stopped and looked at an 03' LS180 on the side of the road today 2speed, cab/heat, and power attach. It has 1447hrs and the guy is asking 12k. Keep looking.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for clarifing that. That has to be a world record deal ;)

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. Does he have any other skid steers that he needs to part ways with??:D

11. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

We bought a 873, can't remember the year, but it had 1800 hours on it and it smoked a little bit after we bought it. Figured it was injectors or something along that, told us it needed a new engine, duetz. It had outriggers on it for a tree spade so I don't know if it had alot of abuse or what.