1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on 98 K1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mtstclair, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

Looking at 98 K1500 5.7 push button 4x4 68,000 for 7000 have a 8 foot sno-way to go on it all ready what do you guys think about the truck how do they hold up?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have been very happy with my 97 K2500. I have the 350 and pushbutton 4x4. The Vortec 350 is fantastic. Plenty of power, OK economy. That's way low mileage for a 98. Is it reg cab or extended? They are very good trucks, but it's not a 3/4 like I see you have two of. I don't know how heavy the Sno Way is, but 8' is quite a bit for that truck, especially if it's Ex Cab. I think you'd be happier with a 2500, which you should be able to get for that money.
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Fine trucks.
    Things to look for; Leaking brake lines and trans lines. You will probably still want to do something with the front suspension - maybe timbrens. Ensure it has a trans cooler.

Very fixable truck - make sure you have some weight in the back for ballast.
  4. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Too much money for that truck.
    Better have no rust and come with a warranty.
  5. coostv

coostv Junior Member

That sounds like a nice truck. Price is a little steep.

My father in law used torsion bars from a 3/4 ton in his. I forget the GVWR bars he used, but it set the front up really nice (basically leveled it off). An alignment and he was set. If I remember correctly he did not crank them all the way up. Timbrens would be a nice addition.

6. BrewCityTommy

BrewCityTommy Member

what exactly is timbrens? i have an 03 with the 4800 fawr, do you think i could benefit from using timbrens?:confused:

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They are a sponsor here. Go to google and search timbern front suspension booster. I would post a link but I don't have on readily avaliable.
  8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

*Insert - are