1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thoughts on 3500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snoluvr, Jan 16, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have an '03 f-250 superduty supercab.with the 5.4..
    I have been looking into a 3500 regular cab with the cummins, and 8 1/2 blade, dealer installed.what doyou dodge guys think of this truck? My buddy started in the 70's with a snowfighter and has always had a dodge.never missed a storm because of breakdowns..my ford is another story? is this a good sounding plow truck to you guys..and it is a dually..i carry a spreader and 2 tons of product with me..
  2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

What Do I think of the Truck? I think the world of it! go for the dodge!
    Forget FORD!
  3. Mr.Foongatz

Mr.Foongatz Junior Member

Sounds like a good combo....The dodge with the cummins is a great plow truck. Go for it.
  4. sam973

sam973 Member

I would just check to see if the 8.5 clears the tires at full angle. You might need to go with a 9.
  5. Ian

Ian Member

I don't think a 8.5 will clear the tires at full angle. I have a 7.5 with prowings that gives me just over 9'. It barely covers the rear duals at full angle.

I need some snow and accounts to plow bad.