1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thoughts on - 2005 Chevy 3500 dump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EGLC, Feb 10, 2011.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Chevy 3500 6.0L 4x4 Auto 62k miles - 2nd owner never plowed.
    Has damage to front driver door & hitch....door was opened and his buddy backed into him. See photos.

What do you guys think its worth??

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

What interior package?
    Between 18-20K
    But dont plow with it, cause the fame is cooked spagetti
    Be wary of the reverse on the 4L80E tranny. Known to be weak
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

The frame is really that bad? Yes 4L80E...I had a 03 2500hd never had issues with 92k and 55k of its life it pulled a 20' enclosed and plowed with 8'6" western....

Anyone else care the add in this????
  4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

No he is just being arse because of the thread started by pedalsandpines about his truck frame breaking. I don't know about you but I would expect better behavior from a sponsor.
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed seems childish....so anyhow what are your thoughts on the truck? what if i told you I was paying under 13k as well?? :nod: :drinkup:
  6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

If i wasn't so far away, I'd be all over it. Sounds like a deal to me. I'd say its worth at least 16k.
  7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on overall condition and interior options I would say $15-$20,000. Probably closer to the $15,000 mark, less if he doesnt fix the door. I can buy the same truck locally with a duramax and ~70,000 miles for $19,000. Truck is mint and used buy a wealth contractor. He had it just to have it but never "used" it.

If you do plow with it and plan on haning a heavy plow on it I would gusset it just for security. Why not...you can do it with scrap steel laying around your shop.

The 4L80E has an issue with reverse bands. They go with no warning. I had one go on a 01 or 02 1ton chev. Plowing just fine and when I went to go into reverse there was nothing there. It worked just fine 30 seconds earlier. 4L80 transmissions are like for 6.0 engines...some are just fine with no issues and others will break but when fixed right they are bullet proof.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I havent sponsored PS in many years they just never changed my tag under my name.
    I think it is a good truck and would say its a good deal for under 13K.
    I have all gm plow trucks. 97-99-06-07
    Local guy here lost the 4L80E in his 06 mason dump this year with 30K on it. Local township lost 6 trannies so far this year.
    I just think with the mason dump backing up with loads on will stress that tranny more than a pick up.
    They are pretty bulletproof going forward. Its reverse that is suspect.
    My 98 lost reverse at 80 K.
    Between 80-90K seems to be the time when it goes for us
    I might have my 06 rebuilt before next season just because
  9. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

If you need it or want it buy it, under $13K for a 62,000 mile 05 it not a bad deal. Just gusset the frame as I plan to do this spring with my 04.
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

13k is a good price for that.