1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thought post my truck for the first time

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Old pic from a few years ago on my trucks first push. It has come a long way and is pretty agressive now. I will post a todays pic tomorrow.

IMAGE043.jpg

IMAGE045.jpg

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Not to shabby! That a meyer hanging on the truck?

3. Mike S

Yes it was a meyer!

Just got done customizing my blade with wings and some extra strength. It's 10' now but works great. The pump is a E60 now but I bought a Monarch system to mount in the tool box and plumb it to the front. Not a big fan of meyer equipment but I finnaly got it the way I want it. I ended up welding all of the ribs to keep the salt from sitting in there. 25lbs of weld wire went in to it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  4. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

BEAUTIFUL TRUCK THATS THE BEST COLOR GOIN ON BUT I CAN HEAR THAT I.F.S SCREAMING NOW :eek::drinkup:

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice Truck, That plow looks great after you redid it,

6. Mike S

i will post more pics

I took more pics of it and will post them tomorrow. Thanks for compliments! :redbounce

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Nice customizing of that meyer. Looks good. Don't you think your going to have to add another trip spring to it?

8. Mike S

The plow does not really need the extra spring in my opion. It was planed but to put one on with a shock but ran out of time. It trips nice and holds good. The extra weight of every thing really changed how it acts. Before the mods that blade triped all the time and it would not stay on the ground. I really like the setup now and it is how i will have my blade for my truck from here on out.

9. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for the pics.

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Looks good, can wiat to see more

11. Mike S

Some more pics!

I got some detailed pics of the blade to put on tomorrow but here is the truck, the back of the blade, and the dump truck. :drinkup:

2.jpeg

2[1].jpeg

2[2].jpeg

12. Mike S

Pic of the truck again

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  13. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Whats your suspension/tire/wheel set up on the truck? It looks good.

14. Mike S

Tires are the Courser MT 315s on a 8x16 rim. The truck has a 3 inch body lift on it. The suspension is setup pretty heavy. A standard lift kit didnt work so good on my last truck, it lifted it but it had lots of sag under load. So on this truck I did the torsion bar with the new keys, 4inch lift shocks, and Timbern on the front. The back has a mix of some things on it. Add a leaf, 4inch arched lift spring, and super springs with a few spacers on it to account for the lift. All the lift on it was cheaper then buying a complete 6 lift kit. It is a log wagon but it usally always has a load on it so it hauls nice and handles the salty dogg heaped very well.

15. Mike S

It also some how re aligned and the camber was ajusted with out any problems.

16. Mike S

A few more pics

a few more pics of the truck with the blade on it :drinkup:

2[2].jpeg

3[2].jpeg

4[1].jpeg

5[1].jpeg

17. dlcequip

dlcequip Member
    from ohio

U Suck

Thats some sweet equpment buddy. Nice blue polw ***. You problably wanna snow plow some dudes or something. tymusic

18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think it looked better and more professional without the lift.