1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thought on V-plow for smaller residental driveways???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kidder, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Kidder

Kidder Junior Member

I have approximately 40 residential properties that I maintain. I am considering putting a V-plow on my 3/4 ton chevy 2500 HD. My concern is that many of the driveays are smaller and don't know if it would be much of a benefit of me to purchase a plow. Most of the driveways are about 8-10 feet wide and are about 50-75 feet in depth. I would probably have to back blade most of the properties, then push the pile on to the yard. The biggest problem is that there isn't much room to maneuver and think that it might take the same time to use a snowblower. Thoughts?
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

V works good on driveways, down pressure would be nice for backdraging, Jeep would be nice for maneuvering.

Lets see... Boss V blade with DP on a Jeep :) :)
  3. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

While I usually agree plowmiester, My thoughts are 1) do your customers have room for the snow in their yard? 2) Do they want big piles there? I have some resi's that this works fine. I call them "country drives" other resi's I call "in town" drives and they really frown on that approach and therefore I tend to blow those drives. use your own best judgement.
  4. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Although this won't help your situation, we put the baby V-Boss 7'6" on a short box 1500. It's not great for long heavy pushing, but for short maneuvering it's a dream
  5. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Baby V better than no V.
    Of course tractor blower would be perfect.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A V is great for drives
  7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I really want to see some pics of your rig. Got any links or post some up?
  8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

That is a badass little rig! I'd run that thing! Nice! Go send those pics off to Boss, I think they would be impressed.
  10. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

I never put a plow on any of my driveways.. it sits on the truck in the street while I snow blow them. Much cleaner, and never damage anything.