1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Those That Have Used Pull Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 32vld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Would you share your experiences using them?

Tell us about the brand, the size, effectiveness, what vehicle you used them on and any other information you deem worth sharing.

2. We love them. I have a 8 foot Daniels on a Chevy 2500 that my dad runs, and makes quick time with condos. I run a 16 ebling on my f450 and it's the cats ass, I can do 60 drives at a town home complex. One pass of the drive and it's done in 1 hour

Which one are you looking at

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I used to think they were just for driveways, loading docks and such. Read about how these guys "circle" lots and dump the snow where it'll be piled, almost never stopping or backing up till they are pushing the piles up.

You need to be an operator to run one, like driving a zee with a bagger, only damage potential is higher.

Watch a really good guy run one and it'll make you rethink how you plow things.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

60 drives in an hour?

Impossible!

Preposterous!

Search for Ebling under my name, I'm not going to type it all again.

5. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

I have been really looking into getting one for this season also. We have a best buy that I think this will save us alot of time on the lot! Only bad. I dont think it will work well when the store is open and Im playing a game of dodge with some of these nuts that have a DL in my area. :angry:

6. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Our family firm has used pull plows from 6' to 16' in width for over 55 years. We have used them on Jeep CJ5's, Jeepsters, 1/2T short bed pick ups, 3/4T pick ups, 1T flat beds and now on ag tractors as well. Every vehicle we plow with has one unless it has a salter on it. The manufacturers have been either local truck upfitters, Ebling, or ourselves. Would not want to be with out one. It incresases efficiency greatly. Using them during the day is very helpful since you can pull (carry) snow out of the way. West Michigan is a very competitive market and most all of the snow and ice management companies use them. They have also saved many a rear quarter panel. ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

If you have a lot of dead end drives or tight locations snow has to come out of they're a life-saver. I got a 7' Snowman for one of my pickups 2 years ago and it paid for itself the first season in increased productivity- just have to remember it's back there because it does add about 4' to the overall length of the truck. But if you or your driver is careful, they can be a real time and money saver… wouldn't be without mine!