1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Those of you who employ sales people....

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by RefinedPS, Jan 28, 2012.

1. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

I am considering bringing on a sales person to get new clients. My question to you guys is, if you use them, do you have them sign a privacy agreement or anything? Also, how do you handle wages? Base plus commission, strictly commission, or just plain hourly? All advice would be appreciated. :drinkup:

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Personally, I'd do some research on whether the market can really sustain a full time sales rep only.

Just because competitors are doing it, doesn't mean it makes sense, especially when the ones with the sales reps are the ones causing the prices to tank.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a great attitude to have!

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Did you lower the bar again?
    You need to raise your prices...

5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

For the market he's in, it's the truth.

6. Longae29

It scares me to think how much work I would sell if I was bidding at the rates I see people whining about......

7. Longae29

Salary plus commission, pay the commission monthly when the check clears.

8. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the advice.

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Never worked as a salesman for a landscaping co., but I did sell jobs for a construction co. Some of the salesman were commission only, and some like myself were salary plus commission, the difference would be in the commission rate. Higher for commission only and a lower rate for salary.