1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

those fishers

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowplowpro, Apr 7, 2010.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

how do you guys like those fisher plows how do like the trip edge compared to full trip
    and if you had the choice of vise versa whole blade rip or trip edge

im looking at 95 f350 with 7.6 fisher needs some work but i dont care:mechanic:
  2. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I like the trip edge design better because when it trips after you clear the obstacle it pops back without loosing much snow.No need to stop or backup to flip blade back up.I had a 7 1/2' Fisher MM1 I bought new in 1996 on my 92 F150 and transfered it too my 99' F250 superduty in 2000.I just sold it in Jan. and bought a new Fisher 8 1/2' XtremeV MS.It was worn but the only problem i ever had with it was a blown hose and one relay [$10-15]for the low beams.I sold it to my friend for $1000 and he's happy with it.
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Those of us who have run Fishers for years understand how good they are & how well the trip edge works compared to the full trip of others. Those who have never used them just don't understand. Your setup should be great. Good luck, and put up some photos!

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

What brand of plow do you need to "flip back up"?

I used Fisher plows for 24 years, they are great! Ive used used Boss V plow 3 years they work too, prefer the V, prefer the trip edge.
  5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i will put pics up i will put pics of my f250 resto plow truck when its done i got hit by a plow driver coming down a hill he wen flying up a icey hill and slid into me now i can do the truck the way i want .:mechanic:
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have used Fisher plows for several years. Old, new, in between. There was a day when a Fisher plow was a well built, dependable unit.

Those days are gone
  7. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

My friend has an older Meyer plow,that doesn't flip back without stopping and backing up.It stays flipped down after it trips,maybe it needs new trip springs, I'm not sure.He likes the Fisher I sold him way better.
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have only owned Fishers. I have owned Quik Switch and MM2, but I have never owned a MM1. I have loved them all. They are a very dependable and rugged plow.
  9. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday Member

Fishers on most all my trucks for over 35 years. They are built a bit lighter today but still give me lots of years of service. They did have a powder coating problem in the 90s but seems better now.
  10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I'd say about 70% of the plows up here are fishers. Everyone I know thats had one has liked it. I've only plowed with a full-trip plow one time. I didn't mind it but I definitly prefer the trip edge.
  11. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

trip edge is far superior to trip moldboard, especially in heavy wet snow. Dry/light snow either will work fine. But when the going gets tough the trip edge will keep working when the full trips have to call it a day. I have had most all plows on the market. Fisher, Western, Meyer, Boss, & Diamond. As I have said before the older Diamonds were the strongest/toughest plow built. Fisher & Boss trip edge (copy from the old Diamond) are the good and will outperform any full trip in heavy/wet conditions. They also stack better. I only wish that Meyer will rethink Diamond and someday make this trip edge division what it once was (but with better pump system.) Meyer is going to Monarch for their pumps soon.