1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thomas skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by vlc, Dec 28, 2013.

1. vlc

vlc Senior Member

I've been looking for an inexpensive skid steer. I found a Thomas T133 with a Kubota diesel on CL for cheap. What are your thoughts on these regarding dependability and ease of maintenance? Are they tough to get parts for? I only need something for loading salt, stacking snow, and lawn installs in the summer. I currently have a toro dingo and need something a little bigger. Thanks.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

From what I've read and learned talking to others who do or have owned the machines they are pretty reliable, tough and straight forward. Getting parts can be quite difficult and I'm sure some stuff is impossible to find at this point.

I'd look to spend a little more money but go name brand, parts availability will be much better and it will have some resale value. See what kinda dealers you have in your area and look for those brand of machines. Nothing is going to be worse when you're expecting a blizzard and your machine is down and your calling around town looking for parts for a Thomas.

3. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

kubota dealer for motor parts. Hydraulic shop for the hydro parts. There is really nothing on these machines that are Thomas only.