1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thomas skid steer spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DugHD, Nov 13, 2005.

1. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Does someone make one like this that just attaches onto the arms in place of the bucket? This seems like it would be the way to go, as you could just scoop it right in with the spreader hopper itself. Much like the backhoe mounts work.

3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I don't have one but have seen many sell. Not sure what retail is but they sold a bunch of these at auctions when thomas was selling tons of new attachments at auction. If I remember right they were usually in the 1200 to 1800 range. Might be more now as they are harder to find. Check e-bay also as some of them would end up on there. as a side note, I have had/seen lots of thomas attachments and they really are well built for the money.

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thats exactly how the one he is talking about works.

5. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes , i should have bought one when i saw them selling at auctions. It was July so i wasnt to excited to buy one. Now i think they only sell them through dealers. I thought it would be nice to drive right into the pile then go spread . I will post what they sell for , i'm gonna check with a dealer if no one says what they sell for on this site.

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

7. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes, thats it. Thanks for searching. I should have bought the new one i saw at auction it sold for $600. That sounds like a fair deal on ebay.

8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Wow, $600, I don't think I ever saw one go that cheap, in fact I don't remember one for less than $1,000.