1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thomas 225....... anyone????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ChicagoSnow, Dec 30, 2005.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Just picked up a Thomas 225 skid steer to add to my collection. I really like Bobcat's (I have a S300 & 220) but I have a friend that made an attractive deal on his 80 hour 2003 Thomas 225 with a trailer so I went for it.

It is hand only controls with the 80 hp. Kubota. Seems to be ok, but just not as "refined" as a Bobcat........ I guess I'm spoiled.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I should look for as its maintained or have you seen any problems with Thomas brand skid steers in general?

Any insight would be appreciated.....

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

chicago joe ,I have fixed a broken p-side joystick the weld inside the cab that the stick pivots on broke 70hrs on machine . Not sure what model # but it was a thomas . This was 2 yrs ago customer still has machine, no problems so far.good luck with yours.