1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This years equipment (heavy) and new Scoop Dogg Boxes

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sk187, Dec 1, 2007.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I took a few pictures of the equipment we are using this year for snow plowing a mall.

Equipment:

JD 544j high lift loader with new 16' Scoop Dogg box plow.

Terex 873 loader with new 16' Scoop Dogg box plow.

JD 325 skid steer with 8' 4 way plow

2000 International truck with 12' power angle, 10' belly blade, and salt spreader/auger.

2004 Honda ATV with 4' plow and salt spreader.

In front of the JD 544j is our salt corral that holds 30 tons of salt.

The red semi behind the yellow plow truck is dump truck that gets salt and hauls snow away.

Pickups will be called in if needed but I plan to do it without.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

3. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Looks like your ready. Very nice. Get some action shots of those monsters at work next chance you get. Hope you get to put them to work alot this year. Dec 1 starts the season lets GO!

5. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Thanks, I will get picks of it all in action.

Were seasonal so as much fun as it is to plow , for us the less snow the better.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics of equipment. how often do you use the belly blade?

7. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

The belly blade is down almost full time as the 12' front plow rides on wheels and sits a little off the ground.

The big plow takes down the fluffy stuff and the belly blade takes it the rest of the way.

The belly blade is also good on hard packed snow and cuts down on salt as it can take most the ice off.

8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

What do one of those loaders run?

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good

10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of plowing do you do with the IH truck? use it on large lots? if so, do you back up all the way with it or do turn around and plow the opposite way windrowing?

11. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

As in price?

Jay Brown - We use it to plow ring roads (main roads around the mall) and then wind row parking lots, it works well.

12. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Jay the key with the big trucks especially is to keep them in drive as much as possible. Driving the IHC I'm good with the mirrors but I don't wanna get too cocky. Plus the more forward plowing, the more you get done. So windrow as much as possible to the outer banks of the lots or AKA circle plow

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks good, nice quad.

14. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

thats a good idea on using your belly blade. they seem to really scrape down to the ground and the way they mount if you hit a bump the lift up in the back.
    i bet you save on cutting edges for your front plow too.
    their is a western star for sale in zeeland you should take a look at, ex county truck wit ha 12ft belly blade, 300 hp cummins and a 13 spd, all in a single axle.

15. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

with your loaders do you have to ride on the back wheels alot or can you get enough downward pressure with all 4 wheels on the ground?

I used a pusher for the first time on a Deere 244J last weekend and I was having issues getting some good pressure do I could really get down to the pavement, any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

you definetly have some serious equipment...looks nice

17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

from my experience you don't need no down pressure on the big boys. If you do i think you would pull up the drains and asphalt. Now when Ive used smaller 12 and 14' boxes on loader/back hoes (case 580/jd210) you tend to raise the front wheels up just out of habit. cos theres no turning.

18. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

The larger equipment you do not need to apply much down pressure, the weight of the machine and box is typically more then enough.

A 244j is less then 1/2 the size of a 544j so you may have more issues then we do.

Also, you have to remember most boxes have rubber cutting edges and regardless of down pressure will not get past a icy layer between the pavement and snow.

To get ice off with out the use of salt we use a former county truck with a 10' belly blade that has a metal cutting edge and can take layers off the ice.

19. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Thanks, we try. Its a mall that has pretty high standards so we have to be able to tackle anything that may come up.

20. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Pusher boxes are designed to be PUSHED. And thats it.

You dont apply any downpressure at all with a box.