1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This years Casualties

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Polar, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Polar

Polar Junior Member
    from Albany

Im not saying not to buy a Daniels Box Plow but this plow was barely used and wasnt beat that much and this is what happened to it.

Snow PLow 001.jpg

2. Polar

Polar Junior Member
    from Albany

The Lower support actually broke off from a previous hit because they used bolts instead of welding them on like other companies

Snow PLow 002.jpg

3. Polar

Polar Junior Member
    from Albany

This other side still has the supports but the bottom is alittle tweaked from rubbing against curbs.

Snow PLow 003.jpg

4. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

how big is the damaged pusher? I have had experience with Avanlanche pushers that aren't very forgiving eithier, as far as the wings bending. They just don't build things like they used too :realmad:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  5. Polar

Polar Junior Member
    from Albany

The pusher was either a 16 or an 18ft. You can see in the last pic a side of an old pro-tec and its much beefier than the Daniel. Also we got in new pro-tecs this year and they are better than the old ones. I just think daniels didnt put alot research buildint there box plows. We have two of there angle plows and they are high quality and thats why we wanted to try out there Pushers.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

We have 5 ProTechs and I can safely say that the way that sideplate is bent has nothing to do with the way it was built. It has all to do with hitting a very solid object.

Any of the pushers will bend this way, maybe some not as much as others, but that is a good thing, actually. This is quite simple in my book. I would much rather be straightening a sideplate on a pusher than trying to straighten arms on a loader. This is a weak point built into the pusher so that something minor 'gives' before something major gives.

The plow manufacturers do this on plows as well. Much cheaper to replace an A-frame or sector or a whole plow than a truck frame. Plows and pushers could be indestructible, but then when something is hit, the weakest point is going to break and that could get expensive on a truck or laoder. I would be thankful in this case, because something got hid hard with that pusher.

7. Polar

Polar Junior Member
    from Albany

If you look on the Pro-tech pusher it is built with skids on each side which when it hits a solid objects such as a curb it rises over it. Also a pusher will bend way before an arm on a loader will bend and if you hit an object hard enough to to bend a loader arm in a parkinglot then you shouldnt be beat for your own stupidity. The fact of the matter is, is that daniels made a very weak pusher as you can see not by the bending of the sides but by the comparison of the older pusher behind it. I know they are reletively new to the pusher market and i hope they will improve there disign in the future.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I know how ProTechs are built, we own 5. Even with the skid design of a Protech if it is bounced off a curb, it will bend in just as the picture shows the other is bent in.

I have seen it happen on 2 of ours. Not that severe, though.

I am not saying that Daniels couldn't design theirs better, I am saying that the reason the right side plate is bent is because the operator hit something hard and it would have bent a ProTech sideplate in as well.

You are correct that someone that bends a loader arm should be beat, but accidents happen. That is why pushers have either trip edges or rubber\urethane edges. It is also possible to hit a patch of ice, frost heave, drifted snow\lot markers knocked down and hit something, so there has to be a weak spot built into plows and pushers.

9. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Pro-tech seems like they build a much more durable pusher, and that is the brand I'm sticking with.