1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This year has been a kick in the teeth!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by salopez, Nov 4, 2008.

1. salopez

salopez Senior Member

To start with I was laid off last week...lost a nice gig there...

then today I found out I lost a nice 40acre site to Brickman...well back to brickman due to the customer wanting to use 1 vendor...

hopefully winter will make up for this...
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well that sucks. My dad always says, you have to go backwards alittle before you can go forward some more.:drinkup:
  3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Man Sal with all the equipment I would have figured you to be self employed. I feel for you though bad year for me also lots of slooooow payers and a couple no payers. Hope winters better fo rall of us.
  4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear about the loss. Looks like you're well equiped to handle the account. Doesn't Brickman use subs? I've had customers choose sombody else over us just to have them sub the work back to us.
  5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

yes brickman uses subs....but I don't really agree with their work philosophy at this branch. especially not with my equipment....

You know I just never took the step on my own, and use the corp. job as a crutch.

So we will see...
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Keep your chin up Sal. Things always have a way of working out.
  7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Consider this to be your personal little 'Rock Bottom' experience. Sh!t happens for a reason, and maybe the reason ins't quite clear now, but will be someday when you look back on it. Turn the page and keep moving forward. I know this sounds like a bunch of thrown together cliches but its true. I've been there too, and if you keep pondering over it, you'll lose your mind. Sometimes we have to be humbled to realize where we truly stand in the grand scheme of things, Sounds like you just have been. Good luck-you'll get through it.