1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This would be cool with a pushbox...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bighornjd, Jan 1, 2011.

1. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

That would be cool no matter what.

Umog or what ever you call them are a very interesting and just plain cool piece of equipment.. its on the list when I win the big one...
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yep sure is a unimog.

if you search them you will find tons of atachments for them.
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That thing is sweet. Put a pusher box on it and it's good to go.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks like you could stack snow with it how it is now. pusher box would be sweet too
  6. White Gardens

Man, I'm half tempted to bid on the sucker but I'm not sure if it would work as well as you would think especially being a manual.

Using the clutch constantly would kill you after a while. That and I can't tell if there is a float function on it, and if not could you modify the valve to be able to.

That and my wife would probably kill me buying something like that.:realmad:
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

It would be a fun toy!!

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I have heard that if you get a complete one, there are all kinds of tools and such in the tool boxes, hydraulic chainsaw, jacks,all kinds of goofy stuff that is powered off the unimog.
  9. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I'm really tempted to bid a few hundred. but with my luck I'd win then have to find a place to put it. :)
  10. White Gardens

I was thinking the same thing, but I do have a place for it. I was looking at the the code for the listing and it stated that it was fixable with parts of value.

Makes me wonder if it's road worthy or not. There is two listed, one has an oil pan underneath it, and the other has chalks on the tires like the P-brake doesn't work or there is no driveline.

Even so it would be a great winter rig. Even if you took the High Hoe off, sold that, and stuck a V-box salt spreader on it. Or even a Dump Box.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  11. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

I hope to own a Unimog someday before I die. Never seen one with a loader before though. I would think a pusher on the loader would be great to be able to stack high. I'm guessing they may be difficult to tag for highway use. I'm wondering if the gov ever used them on public roads? Wonder if they come with a regular title or not. My wife would kill me if I brought something like that home. Time to get a storage lot :)
  12. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

What would make it cooler was if it was self loading like a garbage truck. A self contained snow relocation truck. Think of the money you could make with that. Parts are expensive though and not super easy to get. I'll get a new one shipped over when I win MM or PB.
  13. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

They are cult vehicles like FJ40's and Scouts, unless they are total rats they will do between 8 and 14 grand. There are plenty of guys that do nothing but search for those, you can find gas 404's for under 5 grand, but you better know how to work on them.They can climb but have no guts, but very cool.
    When you get into diesel MB/Case Unimogs like those they are usually not too bad, under 15k, but start getting into DoKa's(quad cab diesels) a ratty one is 15k, nice ones 30k to 45k
    The new ones are sick, and about $100,000.
  14. aarons

aarons Junior Member

WOW my neighbor yells about my dually on the street.......I wonder how he would react with that warming up in the AM!!!!!
  15. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

A self loading dump would be awesome! Just one piece of equpment.
  16. aarons

aarons Junior Member

That would be great..
  17. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

In Europe a lot of the farmers clean the roads with big 7 and 8000 series John Deere's and have a big auger on the front that blows over the top of them into 30 foot trailers, all self contained, it is a pretty cool evolution, you can find it on Youtube, I have also seen it with a Unimog with a Schmidt auger and another Unimog dump traveling behind it as a snow receptacle.
  18. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

better yet get a m35a2 (2.5ton 6x6 ) with the wistler turbo. he will realy love that. :laughing:
  19. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Yup, Closing bid was $16,611. They usually list after Govt sale around $22,000. Not a fan of the loader, but a dozer blade works well on them. That 406 will push a 10' plow and out turn a CJ7. (no really)