1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This wiring is getting the best of me. Please help me.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by LesleinLawn, Nov 12, 2006.

1. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

Had trouble with this last year, never got it, and never needed it. I have never got this unit to angle left and right only one way or the other. So I am going to start basic.

E-47 - Switch controls

Purchased both new switches and wiring harness from switchs to solenoid plugs.

Connect the following: switches to harness, fusable lead to ignition hot, and white lead from harness to ignition solenoid.

With test light at the three pump solenoid leads I get red hot on up, black hot on down, and green hot on only one direction of the angle switch.

Is this right or not? Why do I not get hot on both sides of the angle switch?

All help is appreciated as I am beat.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the Meyer pumps when all your solenoids are in the neutral position ( no power to any of the coil wires) and you only activate the pump motor it angles to the left. It sounds like your wiring is ok. The fact that your having trouble with getting it to angle in both directions yet your green wire (right angle) has good power make me believe the quick couplers on your cylinder hoses are bad.Sometimes when they go bad the little ball and spring inside the coupler will act like "check valves" and wont always let the fluid flow in and out of the angle cylinders.I'd bet if you change both sets of quick couplers your angling problems will end.

3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok let me get it right plow goes up and down ok. plow only angles left correct if that is the prob the c coil is either stuck or the neddle valve is stuck This is the wire hook up

47 wires (Medium).jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  4. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

But if I do not get hot at green from one side of the switch there is no power going to anything, correct? When I connect them (w/o blade on) I get action at only one side, nothing to other side.

5. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

you know how you can here current, like a click or a hum. I get nothing.

6. fernalddude

Re fresh your page was getting some drawings comp is runnin slow

7. fernalddude

If you get nothing at the pump like the motor wont run when you angle right its the switch

8. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

when all connected i hear motor on 1 side of angle only. have tried 3 switches the last one being new and I get same conditions with all. Am I right about when not connected and operate angle switch that I should get hot to my test light when I angle in both directions. And if you do get hot with the same wire at the same connection how does the unit know what is right and what is left? Do you know what I mean?

9. fernalddude

check your pm

10. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

I'm sorry I do not understand what you mean here. I must say this is aweful nice of you to take your time to help out somebody you do not even know. THANK YOU!

I use to live in Cincy, my first son was born there.

11. fernalddude

No prob look in your Private msg at the top of page or post number and i will give ya a call

12. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

got it, I responded

13. fernalddude

1). PLOW DOES NOT LIFT OR LIFTS SLOWLY BUT MOTOR RUNS 2.) PLOW DOES NOT ANGLE RIGHT BUT MOTOR RUNS
    A). Low Oil Level Battery A). Disconnected Coupler or Faulty
    B). Discharged Battery B). Mechanical Bind or Interferance
    C). Leaking or Open "A" Valve C). No Current to "C" Coil (green wire)
    D). No Current to "B" Coil (red wire) D). Inoperative "C" Coil
    E). Inoperative "B" Coil E). Inoperative "C" Valve
    F). Malfunctioning Motor F). Leaking or Open Crossover Relief Valve
    G). Malfunctioning Pump

3). PLOW DOES NOT ANGLE LEFT BUT MOTOR RUNS 4). PLOW WILL NOT ANGLE BUT MOTOR RUNS
    A). Disconnected Coupler A). Quick Coupler Disconnected or Faulty
    B). Mechanical Bind or Interferance B). Mechanical Bind or Interferance
    C). Malfunctioning Coupler C). Leaking or Open Crossover Relief Valve
    D). Leaking or Open Crossover Relief Valve

5). PLOW WILL NOT HOLD IN ANGLED POSITION 6). MOTOR DOES NOT OPERATE
    A). Air in Cylinders and Hoses A).Discharged or Defective Battery
    B).Leaking "C" Valve O-Rings B). Loose or Corroded Electrical Connections
    C). Leaking or Open Pilot Check Valve C). Inoperative Starter Solenoid
    D). Leaking Crossover Relief Valve D). Malfunctioning Control Switch
    E). Crossover Relief Valve Opening at too Low Pressure E). Malfunctioning Motor

7). PLOW DOES NOT LOWER 8). PLOW CREEP DOWN
    A). No Current to "A" Valve A).Leaking "A" Valve
    B). "A" Valve Jammed Closed B). Leaking "B" Valve
    C). Inoperative "A" Coil C). Leaking Ram Packing Cup

14. fernalddude

pump view.

47.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  15. fernalddude

16. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

These are my connections

Battery positive to solenoid battery terminal (yellow ties)

positive 1.JPG

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  17. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

Solenoid out to pump motor positive (blue ties)

positive 2.JPG

18. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

Battery negative to pump negative (pink ties)

ground.JPG

19. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

White off of solenoid to switches

sol out blue.jpg

20. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

I Got It

Eric (Fernalddude), I got it. After I talked to you on Monday, Tues evening I got out there and first had to replace fuses at switch as I must of blown them by being wired wrong. Then I tested whit to solenoid (as you said) and it worked as you described. Tested leads to solenoid (3) all good. Still wasn't getting action at unit. Had wife hit directions as I jusmped solenoid with pliers and it worked. Replaced the new bad solenoid with a heavy duty piece and all is good. All directions, lights, everything. Got a nice clean install with unit to grill and also to controls. It was such a pleasure to see all good.

Now for you Eric, thank you so much for the time you took and all the help you gave me. I just can't express how grateful I am for what you did for me. It was one of the nicest gestures I remember in my life. Thank you, you are a true patriot. The effort and concern you showed in getting this done is remarkable.

Listen to this guys. This guys calls me on 2 separate occasions to help me, 1 after working 13 hours that day. He said to me one time "don't worry we'll get it" Not you'll get it, he said we'll get it. Wow, what a hell of a nice guy. Thank you my friend.