1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This will be my new truck...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SGLC, Jan 11, 2006.

1. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

When I picked up my 3500 I was seriously considering one of these for my personal truck. Had the chance to sit in one at the Landscape Ontario Congress finally and when my lease is up...I'm getting me one of these.

4500.jpg

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah and what are you going to do with it...i mean if youre going to get a tuck that big make it a dump truck but if you want a personal truck get a 2500 or something thats a personal vehicle

3. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Those are badddd ass trucks. I plow with the same thing. Ive gotta 5500 4x4 with the Duramax 300hp/Allison. Ive been stuck one time, and that was cause I backed over my windrow that was about 5 foot high and wet slushy snow. I plow anything from large parking lots all the way down to windy hilly driveways. They are very stable. Only thing I dont like is the reverse speed. It is bouncing off the rev limiter at 11 miles and hour.

4. Pete7

Pete7 Member

I saw an similar truck it was an International I think, I would only buy it with Lotto money. But if you get it make sure to post pics.
    Pete

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The internationals are alot more money than the chevy topkicks. Those topkicks look AWSOME!!

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The internationals are alot more money than the chevy topkicks. Those topkicks look AWSOME!!

7. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

SWEET for all interested topkickpickup.com has all the info on em

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  8. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

my school just got a 4500 topkick arbor truck. its sweet, it has small tires though.

9. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

10. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

if i ever could afford a brand new velichle i would get this its the real mans plow truck

realmans truck.jpg

11. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

that pump looks so small on that truck.. i wonder if a 7.5 blade is a bit to big.

12. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

ya, i wouldnt wanna strain the poor thing. lol

13. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

that seconed ford only has one rear wheel

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think you could see the plow from the drivers seat. Looks like a real curb banger to me.

15. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i looked into buying one of the f 750's, the 4x4 conversion alone was a mear $24,000......the trucks from the dealer don't cost too much, but the conversion is very expensive... be ready to shell out $100k

16. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

some of these go for bout 80g's customized

17. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

80k wouldn't be too bad especially if it was powered by cat. considering that a full size f-350, international diesel, crew cab, 4x4 will set you back 42k

18. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I hardly needed a Crew Cab Dually with leather as a work truck either. With me its all about the want not the need. I want one, don't need one and the cost difference between on of those and what I have now is negligable. I was looking at getting something I couldn't use for work....like an Escalade or something but I re-thought it.....everyone has an Escalade, not everyone has one of those.

19. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

Oh, the Ford 650's are nice too but at a base price of $95,000 a lil out of my price range.

20. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i would even attempt to park that baby on a residential street ... bettcha ya need a cdl just to drive it ....