1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This thing could push some snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by riverwalkland, Mar 13, 2008.

1. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I would buy one but it is just the wrong shade of yellow. Not really on the buying part. I don't have $250K burning a hole in my pocket. Track machines kick butt. I ran a 450C looking to replace my 90XT and loved it. If I could figure out a way to be able to move snow with a rubber track machine it would take me all of about 2 seconds to open up the check book and write a big check.:)

3. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

thats asowme if i had the extra cash (beleave me i dont have any were close) id love to buy one just for fun, its cool how it articulates (i cant spell) in the middle. what size motor is it?

4. riverwalkland

200hp 6.8l Dsl

5. riverwalkland

Cat is all well and good, but JD deserves some credit for inventing this beast. All the other companies have to do now is copy it if it sells. Just like JD more or less invented the tractor, they continue to innovate. Nice to see an idea for a whole new type of machine. No one has invented a new construction machine in years.

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I saw this on the website lastnight, That is one hell of a new style machine.

7. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

CAT and ASV are great in the snow... I just traded my CAT 257B for an ASV SR-80, and I couldn't be happier...

8. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Case man here, not Cat. Cats are good machines as well. I know a couple of guys that have tried rubber track skid loader on the snow and can't go anywhere. How are you getting around? I demoed a 450CT last year and it was unbelievable in the dirt. Dealer told me $22,500 plus my 90XT. Hands down I could benefit from the track machine in the dirt, they float on soft ground great. I could probably just not plow snow with my skid loader and break even with the amount of work I do with it 9 months out of the year. The snow removal part with the skid loader is just like a Christmas bonus to me. I just figure if I have $40k sitting there I might as well be making money off it. Are you pushing a 10' pusher box with your track machine?

9. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

There's a HUGE difference in the track systems between the CAT/ASV and the others (Bobcat, Case, John Deere, New Holland, etc...), and if you liked the Case in the dirt, you would love the ASV that I just purchased... Here's a thread I posted awhile back:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=59635

I'm not pushing a box, so I can't comment on that, but I've cleared parking lots covered w/ 1-2" of ice w/ 2-4" of packed snow on top w/o a problem. I think most of it has to do w/ the tread pattern of the track, and also the suspension of the undercarriage... Also, if you need more traction in the snow and ice, you can stud the tracks to your liking...

There is a video floating around, and I'll try to find it, but it is of an ASV RC-50 pushing a Bobcat T-250 backwards in the snow... Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYT8lQN6YU&feature=related

And here's a video of an ASV SR-80 (the machine I just bought) pushing a Bobcat. The Case tracks are the same as the Bobcat.

I'm like you in the fact that I use my skid loader more for excavation, grading, and general construction than snow removal, so for me it's more about what does better for the main purpose of the machine, but I'm satisfied w/ the performance in the snow as well...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008