1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

this sucks

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by R&R Yard Design, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Okay, well on the 23 of jan i got hit, well the spreader got hit by some young girl coming home from work at 130 in the morn. :realmad: Well now i had to by a new spreader ( the old one was a 575 snowex, new one 1075 snowex receiver mount, its really sweet set up, Well i got to go bigger, thank god :redbounce ), well now i just hope that her insurance picks up the bill for the 1075 at 1600 dollars. Okay just had to vent but now well just need some more snow.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

R & R The ins co will not pay for the whole cost of the new one. They may pay what it cost to replace the Snowex 575, but will not pay for you to upgrade.
    I had the same thing happen to me got rear ended at red light 1 year old Snowex Vee Pro 8000 all smashed. The spinner head assy was trashed, bent the frame on the salt box. They paid to fix it about 1700.00 when all said and done. I now have strobe heads on the back of the salter with two work lights on anytime the spreader is in the back of my truck.

Good Luck Mike

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I would not count on them paying for the entire cost of the new spreader. Yeah it does suck but they will only pay what it cost to replace the last one.
  4. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

weld a big 2" square tube box around it. Make it look like a battlebot so whoever hits it crinkles their front end, and you just get 10 feet free mileage.

I worry about someone hitting my big liquid rig. That would be trouble, especially if it broke the tank.