1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This Sucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by canadiantowman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. canadiantowman

canadiantowman Member

So it stopped snowing at around 3 this morning, and I called the company I work this afternoon to see when we get to go to work and they are still trying to figure out what to do. I drive a salt truck and help plowing sometimes. This sucks not being able to get to work. Hope you guys are having fun out there.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They most likely have hired to many guys and are just telling you that. If a few didn't work out you'll be getting a call next storm. Some companies also alternate storms with guys to keep as many on call as possible.

3. canadiantowman

canadiantowman Member

No they are not like that, this is the 3rd year I have worked for them. I have to go in at midnight to do my route. I think next year I will buy my own truck to work with.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck with that.

5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

that will be next years thread, "This sucks II, here I sit with a new truck and payments, waiting for the company to call me"

6. SnowGuy73

That's where I was going with that statement!

7. canadiantowman

canadiantowman Member

I would not work for someone else again if I bought my own truck again. I had a company before and could do it again.

8. SnowGuy73

Good luck with that too.

9. camp61

camp61 Member

I don't get it!!!! You're not going to service their accounts until 21 hours after the event. Look for a new job, they won't be in business long that way!