1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

this site saved my @ss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpunlimited, Dec 29, 2004.

1. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

the day after the 17+inches we got here on the cape. I was heading to put in another 5 hours at an account when the Saturn in front of me bagan spinning around and around. I hit the brakes NOTHING! pure ice. then I remembered that someone on this site said to drop the blade if you have to. So I Slammed the joy stick into drop,Float and stopped Instantly. when she finnally stopped she was faceing me and the plow but ok. thanks guys!

2. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

The blade drop is tried and true. It is like throwing out the anchor. Saved me on highway two years ago and the other car…but it could bite you.. Go slow!

3. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

How bad were you sweetin after that. Glade to here it worked out ok and no one was hurt.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've used that, but like ace911emt said, it can bite you back. If it's angled, it will throw the back end to the side. But still, better than slamming into something head-on or dropping of a cliff.

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Where are you on the Cape? Been trying to get a hold of my brother in Hyannis with no luck.

JP

6. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

brake

Ah yes, you've learned the fine art of

:yow!: THE EMERGENCY BRAKE!! :yow!:

7. new2it

new2it Member

One of the roads I commute in the morning is a scary ride even in good conditions. Double black diamond with a sharp turn on the bottom. As I approach the top I always straighten out my plow and have one hand on the controller just in case. Luckily the town realizes how bad this road is so they try to treat it as best as they can. The storm we had last week left it in pretty bad condition though.

8. ztoro

ztoro Junior Member
    from NJ

did you take your underpants off and lay them on the street and plow the skid marks out? :waving:

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

That trick works great if the road is snow covered, try it when the road is a sheet of ice, you will suddenly feel like your going twice as fast as you were before you dropped the blade.