1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This season so far...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by breadoflife, Dec 19, 2009.

1. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

Well, i have been wanting to post this up since our first plowable event a couple of weeks ago, but found myself rather busy to do so... Anyhoo, our season started with a breakdown on our first lot at 2:20ish AM, lost almost completely, hydraulics for the plow so i had to drive er back to base, i pulled the pump took a 3 hour nap and then got up and proceeded to tear it down according to a Meyer troubleshooting flow chart...replaced the o-rings on the B and C valves. Changed the fluid in the pump while I was at it... Up and running again by 11AM. Since then, no problems until last thursday when i found that our battery is goin dead so that's gonna run us 100-130 bux... Got both snowblowers up and runnin today, even though one has a flat the tire is rigid enough to run it if needed. So yea, hows everybody elses season goin?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3 hour nap Gilligan?

3. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

Well i was up since 6 the previous morning so it sounded good...plus O'Reilly's isn't open 24/7:realmad:

Plus with my sleep apnea its more like 1.5 Hrs...lol.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Took a second, but I got it.:laughing::laughing:

You're the man, GV.

5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

this year so far has been........slowwwwww

6. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

season has been slow too. Just before we got our first event my transmission went out, then the day of the first storm my water pump went bad. I got it into the shop and it only took them 2 hours to get it back to me so it didn't turn out too bad.

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Slow season????? Man I have been so busy spreading a whole 8 bags of salt so far. I think I might have earned a vacation already. I have come to find out there is only so many times you can go through equipment before it gets old fast. Every time they call for something here it goes right around us.