1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This season reminds of the 2001 season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 6, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same thing back then,nice outside ,warm no snow. Then all of a sudden on Christmas eve we get hit.

stormtotals (Small).jpg

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It's going to be to warm....
    Ya fear monger.

3. superdutypsd

superdutypsd Senior Member

I feel the same way im on the east coast by the maskn dixon line and were still warm, but i think the third week and last week in december were finally going to drop and temp and then start getting hammered

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

We're due for a "normal year here in Ct.El nino.Last couple of years we've had 2 to 3 times our average. It is what it is!

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

What is "normal"............

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

But in the mean time.might as well enjoy the time outside and watch the game and drink beer with the neighbor

20151206_183650.jpg

7. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

I've been thinking the same thing.

I hope not the roof on my shop office collapsed from that snow. It didn't completely go down but it broke the gas line. My secretary was in there and said the heat was on. My brother just happened to stop by and smelled gas bad. Got her out of there and shut it off at the meter. The shut off valve broke at the furnace which is in a 8'x8' room. How it didn't blow we'll never know. Just lucky my brother stopped in when he did.

8. leigh

from CT

Who knows these days! Historically 25" or so,10 - 13events,nice little 1-3" pushes,being on the coast throw in a couple of salt only events.Ah the good old days!

9. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Accuweather says temps around here the highs stay above 32 until mid-January. Lows are below 32 around mid December and aren't calling for any snow. I won't be surprised if we don't go out at all in December. I hope it isn't like last year where February we were out 4 or 5 times a week the whole month.

10. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

We haven't had a year like this in awhile. I was also thinking we are due for a light year after the last few. Who knows. Last winter started off the same. Everyone claimed it to be over in early January when nothing was happening. It wasn't until the end of January that we actually started getting anything, and it was all over from there. It even lasted through the end of March.

11. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Thanking my lucky stars that I have 2 revenue streams...because I know this year is going to be a bust for weather until about the middle of February.

12. leigh

from CT

I hope I didn't jinx it for us here in Ct.Bought a new truck and plow,2 xls's.a 1.5 yd polycaster,4 new blowers and think I lost my biggest account! Might have to sub-out to Grandview when they start getting hammered!

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

We've seen your math....lol

14. leigh

from CT

Good deal,wife and girlfriend? I'm relying on the wife/mother angle.payup

15. ProEnterprises

from CT

What did you lose down there?

16. leigh

from CT

2 usps centers,fighting for control with USM,or at least the postmaster is doing his best to keep me on,its been 16 years.

17. ProEnterprises

from CT

Mine got switched last year up here too.

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I hope not, we only had 5-6' that week, that was bad enough. I'd rather not see a week like that again.

Going to have nightmares tonight.

19. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

[​IMG]

20. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Looks like some degree of eco terrorism.......