1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This salt "thing" is goning to put me in the hospital!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I thought I had my salting all figured out. I was going to pay as I go (like last season) Well I got a letter from my supplier saying he wants it all pre paid and can only give me 20 tons. I was supposed to go in with another guy about 2 months ago but that fell through. Since I was going to "pay as I go" I spent a few bucks on some things like tires and a few things for our fall clean ups. Now what!!!!!!!!! Another guy called me last night to see if I still needed salt and of course I said yes! and he had a guy he knows looking to see how many guys still need some and he was going to order more, cant wait to see the price of this!
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

contact international salt. they have plenty...might be pricey...but you will be good.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i have two places only that i know of that dealt bulk last year, this year neither has said they definitly will stock it :/